Thread: Wilson Euphonium For Sale

1. Thumbs up Wilson Euphonium For Sale

I don't know the model, and valves 1-3 are missing, but maybe someone is interested given the price. The rest of the instrument looks good to me.

bbconaer below says it's a 2900.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/127018933
    Last edited by RickF; 08-04-2021 at 07:46 AM. Reason: adding model and missing valves
    Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

Hmm... the good news is it looks like a 2900, which is perhaps the most popular euphonium around, at least in the US. The bad news is it looks like the pistons are missing, which would be extremely expensive to purchase.
    --
    Barry

Well, that is interesting! My first thought was that some people take their pistons out when they store a horn. But it looks like the 4th piston is in place, so they may truly be missing. I'm sure Barry is correct that replacements would be expensive, but perhaps the overall cost might still be good. It would not be a "buy & play" situation, though!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

4. I wasn't sure how much valves cost, but I figured it might still be a good deal if the price doesn't go up significantly. The seller updated the info to say that valves 1-3 are not included.
    Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

My guess, knowing that Willson parts are generally on the high end of the spectrum, is that pistons 1-3 would be somewhere around $500 each. That's just a guess but I would bet I'm not too far off. Plus you'd have to pay a tech to lap them in for you. Potentially still a good deal for an instrument that might be worth $3500 to $4000 when up and running again, assuming nothing else is wrong with it.
    --
    Barry

you'd also need the top valve cap, stem, button, spring, felts, and valve guide. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of an extra $100 per valve.
    --
    Barry

7. Sold for $1000