Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Besson Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
    "a little more compact" "takes a look back at our past, rather than going too much bigger"

The only part of the American wind band market and wind band sound concept which has been standardized in any way is the service band market. And from the hints that he drops it sure seems that market is what Besson is aiming to capture. That might be a good thing, to me anyway, if Besson can open up the euphonium sound in those bands, while keeping the military band people from feeling they have strayed too far from the tight, closed Willson sound.

Another effect of Childs' UNT gig is that he's doing undercover work for Besson.
    But the horns used in service bands certainly influence horns bought by college students. UNT Bowman students are the extreme example but for decades the Willson 2900 was the standard for this.

Two of my kids are in the USMC division bands, and I think they're on Yamaha 842s.

3. Hello everyone,

It will be rather interesting to see how this new instrument will be influenced by the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium and the Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12