Thread: Horn selling

Horn selling

I didn’t really know what to title this honestly. BUT I currently have a brass tech interested in buying my trigger parts instead of the entire horn with trigger bundle. Would it be a smarter move to sell my trigger parts for about $200 + shipping and bring down the price of the horn from $4,500 to around $4,000? Or would it be better to sell everything together? I’m trying to think of the pros and cons to this and want to make sure I get as much advice as possible. Thanks!

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Hard to say without more information. Is the trigger a part of the horn you are trying to sell? In other words, is it already factory installed on your horn? If it is not, but rather just a separate trigger unit that could be installed on your horn, it probably makes no difference whether you sell the trigger assembly separate or with the horn. If, however, the trigger is already installed on your horn, and you have to remove it to sell it separately, I think that is not a good idea, as surely you will have left over remnants from where the trigger was installed (braces, bolt holes, etc.). And I, for one, would not want to buy a horn that has parts missing and/or removed. Just me, but that is my advice.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

I forgot to specify about the trigger. It is currently not assembled on my horn and is just sitting in my case in it’s little bundle. I figure someone would want the trigger with the horn if they bought the horn seeing as a previous owner of my horn got it removed. I know I would’ve wanted it to be installed but have no reliable brass tech that lives anywhere near me. Just trying to consider everything before making a decision like selling the trigger separate! Thank you John for the advice.

4. Is this the Sterling Virtuoso that I have seen around for sale? If so, keep the trigger parts with the horn.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

ahh, if it's not installed and you have a buyer for the trigger alone, I'd go ahead and sell it separately. You almost always make more money by breaking apart bundled items like this.
    --
    Barry

6. Seems like you've gotten every opinion . Except this one, sell the horn, keep the trigger!
    Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16