Thread: Steven Mead’s Euphonium Query

1. Steven Mead’s Euphonium Query

Hello everyone,

I was talking to Steven Mead a few weeks ago about his Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium which he had adapted with a trigger and I was wondering if anyone could help me find an image of this Euphonium with the trigger?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

2. A general one with trigger? Or Steven’s actual one?

A quick google shows you new ones, but not older models retrofitted…

Just out of curiosity...if you were talking to Steven Mead a few weeks ago about his particular instrument, would it be very weird to email him, remind him of the conversation you had and ask if he has any images of that particular instrument?

4. Hello everyone,

I was after some old images of Steven Mead's Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium which has had adapted in Japan to include a trigger. I have been searching for images and I have even asked Steven Mead about this but I cannot seem to locate any images of this instrument. I am really interested to see how the trigger which was added to Steven Mead's Besson Sovereign Euphonium compared with the trigger which is now included on the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

I tried looking on YouTube for anything, but I didn't really find something useful.

I did happen to find this video with an album cover from 1994, but it looks like his instrument already has a Besson-branded trigger installed, which would make it a Prestige?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aVqPQiDuc
    So the best way to find some kind of material is to look for anything pre-Prestige era but after 1990 since that's when he wanted to have a trigger on his euphonium.
    Euphoniums
    2008 Willson 2960TA Celebration
    1979 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign (Round Stamp)
    Mouthpiece: Denis Wick SM4
    Baritone
    1975 Besson New Standard
    Mouthpiece: Courtois 10

6. Hello TheJH,

I have been looking through quite a lot of old photographs but I have not been able to find anything myself which shows the original trigger which was fitted to Steven Mead's Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium.

Thank you so much for your help and I will try to update this forum topic if I find out any more information in regards to Steven Mead's Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons