Thread: Sterling Virtuoso 1065GS

Sterling Virtuoso 1065GS

I’m currently selling my sterling horn as I’m trying to switch to miraphone. I’m currently thinking $4,500 obo. It is a great horn and is in the same condition as it was when I first bought it. I am the third owner of the horn. The horn would come with trigger parts (first owner had it removed for reasons I’m not sure of) and a horn bag. Admins or anybody feel free to give me advice on this sale as I never see sterling horns on the market and don’t know if it is a good price. Pictures will be included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	463F8ED0-E0E8-4203-84EA-CBC7C6A2EF8D.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	8429 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9EEFBEFF-0F3C-4C97-B6F0-C4DF560C93E7.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	8430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75F2DF61-983F-44B1-8BEB-3BFA079FA5DD.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	8433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBAA246E-9785-4F76-A288-C076681C61B4.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	8434
    Last edited by Mosesclay; 07-03-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: More pictures for sale

The market is a funny thing. The proposed price is fair enough, I think, but someone needs to be looking for a horn like this. I think the Sterling is a fine instrument, but it is not as well-known as Besson/Yamaha/Willson/Etc., and that can limit your pool of potential buyers.

It would be easier if the trigger were not separated. A buyer would be facing an unknow cost to have it re-installed, which would include some work on the tuning slide to get it to work freely. Is the slide in "normal" mode now, or is it still loosely fitted? I noticed the trigger's adjustment stop is still in place.

If you wait long enough, you might find a buyer at your price. It would help if you had a nice collection of really good photos, showing any damage and also showing the pistons (even though wear on the stainless steel pistons is NOT likely to be an issue). If the photos show a horn with really good finish and no dents to speak of, that would help.

To sell more quickly, a lower price would help, of course. Beyond those generalities, I don't have a whole lot more to offer.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I have more pictures of it, I just didn’t want to go crazy with the amount of pictures lol. But I see what you mean about needing someone to be looking for this specific kind of horn. Seeing as long as it’s been up on the marketplace for about a month now. Thank you for the advice Mr. Dave! Should I go ahead and edit the post to put more of the pictures?

4. For large numbers of photos, you can upload them to dropbox or google drive and add a link to the photo folder in your listing, which can make it convenient for potential buyers to see more photos in one place.

I've done this for items I've posted for sale here and on places like eBay and Facebook Marketplace that have limits to the number of photos you can add to a listing.
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosesclay View Post
    I have more pictures of it, I just didn’t want to go crazy with the amount of pictures lol. But I see what you mean about needing someone to be looking for this specific kind of horn. Seeing as long as it’s been up on the marketplace for about a month now. Thank you for the advice Mr. Dave! Should I go ahead and edit the post to put more of the pictures?
    If you have many, then I would take Fujiifilm's suggestion. Otherwise go ahead and add them to your original post here. I'm going to move the existing photos beneath your text for easier viewing.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

With a good bit of consideration, I’ve decided to lower the asking price to $4,000.