Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere ‘11 March 1917’ - Bruce Broughton

1. Premiere ‘11 March 1917’ - Bruce Broughton

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you the socially distanced premiere of a new piece of music from the pen of Bruce Broughton entitled ‘11 March 1917’.

To bring this piece to life, I worked alongside The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Living History Society to bring to life some of the events which took placed around the days leading up to Sunday 11th March 1917 which marks the day in which my Great Grandfather Henry Nichols was killed in action whilst serving with The 1/6th Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

Another exciting aspect of the project was a specially commissioned piece of art which was completed just last week by Christa Hook which you will be able to see at the start of the video.

Although this piece of music has been set on a specific date which has a personal significance to me, I am hoping that anyone who performs this piece of music will be able to adapt the music to bring their own relatives stories alive.

I hope you enjoy the socially distanced premiere of ‘11 March 1917’ which you can view at the following link - https://youtu.be/lbOxoKTRcSc.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Wow!! That was stunning!! Very nicely done, both the music and the historical reenactment. Great and sensitive playing, Micah!! A very nice tribute to your Great Grandfather.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

3. Hello John,

I really do appreciate your kind word about this brand new piece of music. I am so excited to hear other Euphonium players performing this new piece of music in the near future.

I hope that everything is keeping well at your end.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

That was really very well done, thank you!

5. Hello Carbogast,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have been absolutely blown away by how people have recieved this new piece of music. I really hope to hear lots of other performances of this piece of music in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Bravo!!!

wonderful work, Micah.

Don Winston

Very nice Micah! Loved the dramatized video too.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

8. Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I have to admit all aspects of the project from the artwork from Christa Hook to the video featuring The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Living History Society as wellas the recording of the music could not have been more perfectly timed. I really hope to hear some of you play this new piece of music in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Micah,

Maybe I missed a post about it, but I'm not aware of how a player can purchase the music. Is there a source at this point? Thanks!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Very moving piece. I like how respectful it felt. Please link where it can be purchased.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast