• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davidus1
    • Jul 2008

+1........

Originally posted by guidocorona View Post
    Thank you so much Doug for the excellent news... I am so much looking forward to reading your in-depth analysis next week, and listening to your comparative video clips!

Regards, Guido
    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

• daruby
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by dsurkin View Post
      John, can I infer that the Sinfonica sounds more like an Adams E2?
      I will answer this a bit. The answer is no. The E2 is a very heavy horn much like a Miraphone 5050. With its 11" bell, the Sinfonico does not sound like an Adams (to me) at all. I would consider comparing it to a Besson 968, a Yamaha 641, perhaps a yellow brass E1, or to some extent more like my 300mm Sterling than my E3. It has a very nice sound, but is more direct than the E2 or E3.

Also, I would not say that any of the Adams are inappropriate for brass bands, but that they are not terribly popular. Keep in mind that Adams does not sponsor bands or artists in the same manner as is the custom in the British Brass Band scene (or for that matter in the US professional scene either). Much like Sterling, Adams has a very limited artist sponsorship program.

I have played (but do not own) a Dolce, Yamaha 642, and Neo. The Sinfonico has a very robust sound, plays very well in tune (for me), and generally good responsiveness. I will provide more data and impressions when I have time to sit down and write up my results.

Doug
      Last edited by daruby; 07-20-2021, 08:36 PM.
      Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
      Concord Band
      Winchendon Winds
      Townsend Military Band

Comment

Working...
      X