Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wessex Dolce ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by DEF1 View Post
    The valves are slow as expected, I’ve given it all a good clean and used a decent valve oil but 3rd valve still keeps stopping half way every so often. Hopefully it will clear after a few days of use.
    It is not just the pistons that need to be cleaned, but the casings, tubing, etc. All that is difficult, so I think a good solution is to clean the pistons very frequently. They pick up "stuff" from the other areas as it washes through, and eventually it will clear up. So, no kidding, even twice in a practice session is not too often to clean/oil the pistons (or maybe twice on the 3rd and once on the other 3).

Congrats on the horn! I LOVE the bell engraving!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Rick F.

Thank you and yes, I agree with your comments. It probably is the best place to have a blemish if you’re going to have one.
    Last edited by DEF1; 05-19-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    JP374 Sterling + Mercer and Barker GW3

John Morgan,

Thank you. Yes, they have changed the case at some point to the ABS type case. Better for protection but nowhere to put your music.

The valves seem a bit better already so should soon bed in.

Dave W,

I gave it a good bath yesterday to start fresh and I’ll follow your advise on regular cleaning of the pistons.

The bell engraving is nice isn’t it. There are mixed styles on the Wessex website so I wasn’t sure which was currently in use. Photo below of the other style.

Attachment 8353

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12