Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB: Marzan/Willson 2975 or other 4-Front Valve Compensating Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by ann reid View Post
    That “baritone” is an eye-catcher isn’t it? Unfortunately I’ve been spoiled playing my Connstellation.

I went to a local music store the other day and tried holding a 3/4 Yamaha front valve tuba, and for my right hand it was FINE. If I were to go that route, I’d need to use a tuba stand anyway. I also do FINE with the Wessex Duplex, which I can hold very comfortably.

My ultimate goal continues to be to play Gr. 3+ concert band/wind ensemble music, whether on euphonium or tuba. I considered percussion years ago but by now I’ve gotten so committed to doing whatever I can on a brass instrument, I’ve taken percussion of the list.

I’m still open to suggestions, so if anyone sees some obscure euphonium or small Tuba that doesn’t require to be angled, please post it.
    I’ve never touched one, but what about a german-style oval baritone? They’re also front action and rotary. I don’t have arthritis but my small handspan likes rotary tubas more than piston and they don’t require as much force. Wessex has one of those too. Specifically the “Kaiser”, which has the bigger bore, and not the tenor horn/baritone.
    Last edited by Kit15; 05-25-2021 at 01:37 PM.

2. Ann, I found this post about updates to the Festivo.

http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99165

It sounds like newer ones might be able to be held parallel. I'm not sure if that will fix the issues you were having.
    Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123