Thread: WTB...Besson New Standard valve buttons

WTB...Besson New Standard valve buttons

If anyone some to offer, I'm interested. Tuba, euph, baritone, tenor.

They don't have to be pretty at all, but they do have to be the tapered jobs.

Dawkes Music in England had some NOS "in the raw". They are sorta unfinished, in that there is no depression for the top insert.

One will have to machine a cup in to hold it, or just have a small puck of selected material glued on.

Other than that, check eBay & your local music repair shops often. Some short-sighted folks don't like the tapered buttons and have them changed out.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by nich9 View Post
    If anyone some to offer, I'm interested. Tuba, euph, baritone, tenor.

They don't have to be pretty at all, but they do have to be the tapered jobs.
    If you want I have three that I replaced by a 1973 New Standard euphonium that I recently purchased. they are uncomfortable to me because, with their cone shape, they cause pain and discomforts to the pads of the finger.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.