Thread: Belly Plate for Euphonium

1. Belly Plate for Euphonium

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at ways in which to modifiy the belly plate to my Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium, I have never had any issues with mine but I am interested in trying to develop a design which has metal attachment points which strengthen the potential weak points in this design.

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice on where I could look at getting this done?

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Are you concerned that adding a plate could dampen the sound?

3. Micah,

I have one of the carbon fiber belly plates that Geneva used to use. These are great. The basic mounting points on the Besson are quite strong, including the Gold plated brass rod and the special brace on the other side. If you get one of the carbon fiber belly plates, it would be a "forever" solution.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

4. Hello Doug,

Thank you so much, I will have to check this option out, I did read a post on Facebook about people who had broken their plates and I have never had this issue to be honest although I did have a think and came up with a,couple of interesting thoughts how they could be changed.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Micah,

Have you thought about contacting Mr. Wiseman (the carbon-fiber case maker)? He has expanded his line to include accessories like wallets! Seems like he is positioned well to make an accessory like this.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

6. Hello Dave,

This sounds really interesting, I may have to explore this option in the near future. I am not in any real rush to replace mine as it is prefect but it is an interesting aspect of our instrument.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

FYI, I reached out to wiseman this evening about this. (I’ve had them make 2 cases, and I’ve been generally happy with them).
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Quote Originally Posted by miketeachesclass View Post
    FYI, I reached out to wiseman this evening about this. (I’ve had them make 2 cases, and I’ve been generally happy with them).
    Cool. Let us know how it goes!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

9. Hello Mike,

This is really amazing news to hear! It would be great to see what happens as a result of your connection with Wiseman. I hope we will be able to catch up soon.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons