• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micah.Dominic.Parsons-OFFLINE
    • Jun 2020

Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my thoughts on my new modified Silver Plated Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium which I got in October 2020. I have had my new Euphonium for around five months and I have played it every day and I just wanted to try and highlight some points which I feel are never really spoken about with these instruments.

Apart from a small accidental dent which still really frustrates me even months after the event, the instrument is in tip top condition but needs a really good clean as it is used every day.

I have tested every brand of instrument and I have totally fallen in love with the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium for a number of reasons, everyone often talks about the super slick valves but no one every really talks about the consistency of the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium which I feel is it's strongest point. When I come home from a day at work and begin my practice session the mechanics of the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium just work, I don't have to spent five minutes oiling the valves or working the trigger, I literally begin my session and everything works which allows me to focus on the really important stuff.

The sound is incredible and I think even more enhanced now than my previous Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium. I was lucky that the factory made the same modification to my Silver Plated Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium as they did to the Gold Lacquer Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium. The sound just works but ore importantly for the first time in my life I feel like I have even more control over my dynamics and even the colour of my sound. I cannot wait to actually play this instrument in a setting other than my house as no recording using my phone can justify the real nature of the sound.

I believe my Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium is currently the only one with this modification. It would be great to discuss this instrument more.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
  • miketeachesclass
    • Feb 2016

Micah,

What is the modification to the horn?

Do you find the C# (treble clef) above the staff difficult?

Every besson I've played (and most of the british style horns that are sort of based on besson designs) have had a very difficult C#. (Two prestiges and a sovereign).

Thank you,
    Mike

Originally posted by Micah.Dominic.Parsons View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my thoughts on my new modified Silver Plated Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium which I got in October 2020. I have had my new Euphonium for around five months and I have played it every day and I just wanted to try and highlight some points which I feel are never really spoken about with these instruments.

Apart from a small accidental dent which still really frustrates me even months after the event, the instrument is in tip top condition but needs a really good clean as it is used every day.

I have tested every brand of instrument and I have totally fallen in love with the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium for a number of reasons, everyone often talks about the super slick valves but no one every really talks about the consistency of the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium which I feel is it's strongest point. When I come home from a day at work and begin my practice session the mechanics of the Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium just work, I don't have to spent five minutes oiling the valves or working the trigger, I literally begin my session and everything works which allows me to focus on the really important stuff.

The sound is incredible and I think even more enhanced now than my previous Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium. I was lucky that the factory made the same modification to my Silver Plated Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium as they did to the Gold Lacquer Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium. The sound just works but ore importantly for the first time in my life I feel like I have even more control over my dynamics and even the colour of my sound. I cannot wait to actually play this instrument in a setting other than my house as no recording using my phone can justify the real nature of the sound.

I believe my Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium is currently the only one with this modification. It would be great to discuss this instrument more.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Comment

• Micah.Dominic.Parsons-OFFLINE
      • Jun 2020

Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for your response, I have to admit that the top C# on my Silver Plated Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium is the most secure that I have ever felt on any instrument that I have ever tried. It really is quite a special instrument.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Comment

Working...
      X