• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkircoff
    • Jan 2013

FS: Marcus Bonna euphonium case

Hello all!

I have an extra Marcus Bonna euphonium case I am not using that came with one of the Adams euphoniums I've played in the past. It has a bit of dust and cobwebs on it from being in my basement, but other than that it is practically new. It is black, and I am asking $400, which is $250 cheaper than buying one brand new. Reply, PM, or email jkircoff at gmail dot com with questions or offers. Payments to be made via Paypal.

Thanks!
    -JK

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3966.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	125818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3967.jpg
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	125819Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3968.jpg
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	125820
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)
  • miketeachesclass
    • Feb 2016

Do you happen to know whether this is the smaller size or larger size bonna case?
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Comment

• jkircoff
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by miketeachesclass View Post
      Do you happen to know whether this is the smaller size or larger size bonna case?
      I didn't know Marcus Bonna made two different sizes of euphonium cases. This case in particular fits an Adams E3 euphonium snugly without it being a chore to get the instrument in the case, if that gives you an idea of what the size is. I could also fit a Besson and Sterling in the case...thus I believe the size is more or less universal when it comes to standard sized euphoniums.
      James Kircoff
      Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
      Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

Comment

• Fujiifilm
        • Mar 2011

From what I understand there is the standard size and an "XL" size that's designed to fit larger models like the Miraphone M5050. I think that is what Mike is referring to.
        Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
        Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
        Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
        VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
        York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
        Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
        Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
        F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

Comment

• JakeGuilbo
          • Feb 2006

If this case came with the horn I sold you, it is the "standard" MB size but the "newer" redesign that has the more comfortable straps and sleeker profile to make it easier to carry. I had an MB Adams case from 2013 that was such a pain to carry - this case is better in every respect.
          Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
          K&G 3.5D
          ---------------------------------
          Founder and Solo Euphonium
          San Francisco Brass Band

Comment

• jkircoff
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by JakeGuilbo View Post
            If this case came with the horn I sold you, it is the "standard" MB size but the "newer" redesign that has the more comfortable straps and sleeker profile to make it easier to carry. I had an MB Adams case from 2013 that was such a pain to carry - this case is better in every respect.
            Yes it is the case that you used to own Jake. Thanks for the clarification!
            James Kircoff

Comment

• miketeachesclass
              • Feb 2016

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
              Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
              Fox Valley Brass Band

Comment

Working...
              X