Thread: A Day of Personal Significance

1. A Day of Personal Significance

Hello everyone,

Over 104 years ago today, my great grandfather Private Henry Nichols and his comrade Private Arthur Cresswell were killed in action opposite La Maisonette which is close to the village of Biaches on Sunday 11th March 1917.

I visited the spot where he was killed and his grave way back in 2014 which inspired the commission from Philip Harper entitled 'In Gardens of Peace' which was arranged with Piano Accompaniment in late 2020. I wanted to share my recording of this this piece on this personally significant day which you can see at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOd9A4fZzT0.

I am also really excited to share with you all that a new major piece of music based upon Henry Nichol's experiences during The First World War is currently being composed and I cannot wait to share more of this project with you all in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

2. Very moving piece, thank you for sharing.

3. Hello Cor,

Thank you so much for your kind comment.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

That was really nice! It appears you are recording in a small room, but capturing a very good quality sound. Do you mind sharing how you were setup?

5. Hello Carbogast,

Thank you so much for your kind comment, I have to admit the room I recorded in is my practice room, I like to try and practice in a room with a low ceiling and pretty much dead acoustic. I have to admit this set up was very basic as I just used an iPhone and then edited the recording using a basic phone application.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by Micah.Dominic.Parsons View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind comment, I have to admit the room I recorded in is my practice room, I like to try and practice in a room with a low ceiling and pretty much dead acoustic. I have to admit this set up was very basic as I just used an iPhone and then edited the recording using a basic phone application.
    I think you have demonstrated that we don't need fancy gear to produce a very nice recording!

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Very nice, Micah!! I really like your sound and tone!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

8. Hello John,

Thank you so much again for your kind comment. I really hope you are keeping well.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons