Sponsor Banner

Collapse

Concerto performance w/ orchestra (Livestream via YouTube)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonDonnelly
    • Nov 2015

Concerto performance w/ orchestra (Livestream via YouTube)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to do some shameless promotion here and spread the word about an upcoming performance I have with the Frost Symphony Orchestra here at the University of Miami. I've been selected as one of a handful of winners for the annual concerto contest, and have been given the very valuable opportunity of soloing with an orchestra.

I'll be performing Johann Wilhelm Hertel's (1727-1789) Bassoon Concerto in A Minor, which is a fairly obscure and not-often-performed work, even for the instrument that it's written for! I don't believe anyone has performed this on euphonium before, but it's an excellent piece that I think lies very well on the instrument.

The concert is Monday, March 8th at 7:30 PM EST. The program is incredibly varied, and features pieces by Bach, Beethoven, and Melinda Wagner, among others. The show also begins with a contemporary multi-media percussion concerto accompanied by a film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cQ...ature=youtu.be

The concert will remain archived and will be accessible afterwards with the same link, at least for some period of time. I hope some of you are able to tune in!
    University of Miami - BM Euphonium Performance '21
    Indiana University - MM Bass Trombone and Euphonium Performance '24

Besson Prestige 2052S
    Courtois 551BHRA
    Conn 88HCLSGX
    Various Greg Black mouthpieces
  • aroberts781
    • Sep 2014

Thanks for sharing this link Jason. Congrats on the concerto contest, I'll be sure to try checking out your performance! Best of luck and have fun.
    1976 Besson 3-valve New Standard, DE102/I/I8
    1969 Conn 88H, Schilke 51

Comment

• John Morgan
      • Apr 2014

Glad you shared the information about the concert. I have gone to the page and set a reminder. Look forward to hearing you and the others play! Break a leg!
      John Morgan
      The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
      Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
      1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
      Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
      Year Round Except Summer:
      Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
      KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
      Summer Only:
      Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
      Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Comment

Working...
      X