Thread: Concerto performance w/ orchestra (Livestream via YouTube)

Concerto performance w/ orchestra (Livestream via YouTube)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to do some shameless promotion here and spread the word about an upcoming performance I have with the Frost Symphony Orchestra here at the University of Miami. I've been selected as one of a handful of winners for the annual concerto contest, and have been given the very valuable opportunity of soloing with an orchestra.

I'll be performing Johann Wilhelm Hertel's (1727-1789) Bassoon Concerto in A Minor, which is a fairly obscure and not-often-performed work, even for the instrument that it's written for! I don't believe anyone has performed this on euphonium before, but it's an excellent piece that I think lies very well on the instrument.

The concert is Monday, March 8th at 7:30 PM EST. The program is incredibly varied, and features pieces by Bach, Beethoven, and Melinda Wagner, among others. The show also begins with a contemporary multi-media percussion concerto accompanied by a film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cQ...ature=youtu.be

The concert will remain archived and will be accessible afterwards with the same link, at least for some period of time. I hope some of you are able to tune in!
    University of Miami - BM Euphonium Performance '21
    Indiana University - MM Bass Trombone and Euphonium Performance '24

Besson Prestige 2052S
    Courtois 551BHRA
    Conn 88HCLSGX
    Various Greg Black mouthpieces

Thanks for sharing this link Jason. Congrats on the concerto contest, I'll be sure to try checking out your performance! Best of luck and have fun.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Glad you shared the information about the concert. I have gone to the page and set a reminder. Look forward to hearing you and the others play! Break a leg!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)