X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • euphlight
    • May 2016

Originally posted by John Morgan View Post
    The date on the record is October 1970. Harold recorded the solos over a period of six years during the weekly performances of the camp bands. Harold Brasch was a regular staff member at the International Music Camp (on the North Dakota/Canada border) from around 1960 up until his death in 1984. Where I live in South Dakota, I know several folks who attended the Camp regularly, and one of them, Bob Nelson, a retired band director, was on the staff as well. I play in a New Horizons Band in Rapid City with Bob, and he shares a lot of stories about Harold. Bob has asked me several times over the past few years to join the faculty at the International Music Camp, but I have decided not to. Harold was a regular fixture at the camp, and many young musicians came there to hear him play and study with him in Hut Number 20 (his teaching studio).
    Thanks. I went to The International Music Camp from Grade 8 to Grade 12 and go there almost every year for their 4 day Adult Camp they have at the last weekend of July. I heard some stories about Harold Brasch. I've been in hut 20 taking lessons from former US Marine Band Euphonium Soloist James D. Thornton when I was in Highschool.

Comment

• John Morgan
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by euphlight View Post
      Thanks. I went to The International Music Camp from Grade 8 to Grade 12 and go there almost every year for their 4 day Adult Camp they have at the last weekend of July. I heard some stories about Harold Brasch. I've been in hut 20 taking lessons from former US Marine Band Euphonium Soloist James D. Thornton when I was in Highschool.
      Maybe someday we will meet up. There are still several folks from my neck of the woods in the Black Hills of South Dakota who go to the adult camp most every year, and they are always hounding Linda and me to come, too. Maybe someday...
      John Morgan
      The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
      Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
      1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
      Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
      Year Round Except Summer:
      Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
      KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
      Summer Only:
      Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
      Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Comment

• Euph95
        • Jan 2014

Does anyone know where one might find Harold Brasch's arrangements to purchase? I'd love to play his arrangement of the Carnival of Venice.

Comment

Working...
        X