Thread: After Covid?

After Covid?

I was sick for a little over three weeks, and haven’t played since 1/15, which felt almost as terrible as being sick.

I finally started to feel as though I’d never be able to get a sound out of the horn again, so I made up my mind yesterday that TODAY was going to be THE DAY.

I started by buzzing into a Kelly, and that went fine, no dizziness, went through my whole range. I’d been fussing about losing my Bb and was pleasantly surprised that it’s still there.

I played for about 15 minutes altogether, some lip slurs and a couple lines from Arbens interval studies and a scale or two. Now I’m going to play a little again this afternoon.

Breathing felt fine. The most annoying thing was how hard it was to hear myself. My ears have bothered me since I was diagnosed, and I haven’t seen ear complaints on any of the symptoms list, but hopefully that will go away too.

Hoping that everyone who’s been sick is doing OK. Now I’m actually looking forward to band rehearsals again.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    So sorry to hear you had COVID, Ann. And so close now to getting a vaccine. I truly hope your symptoms go away fully and you can enjoy playing. We all are looking forward to band and ensembles and being with our musician friends. Soon, I hope... Let us know how you progress, we are surely rooting for a complete recovery and a successful return to playing for you!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)