Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wessex Euphonium Dolce EP-100

Thumbs up Wessex Euphonium Dolce EP-100

SOLD (although the Pro-Tec gig bag referenced below is still available)

This is a like-new Wessex Dolce Ep-100 lacquer euphonium that I would estimate has been played fewer than 10 hours. Probably a lot fewer, actually.

It's the current model: red-brass bell and lead-pipe, spit-valved 2nd, etc, and has all the (new/unused) accessories that it came with: Wessex mouthpiece, snap-on drip-catcher tray for the valve-set, spare valve spring & valve-guide, extra lyre screw, and, of all things, a spare spit-valve cork (that was a first for me). The case has attachment points for a shoulder strap, but I did not receive any. I didn't anticipate needing them, so I didn't pursue it, and figured they weren't a standard inclusion. If that's important to you, I'd recommend calling Andy at Wessex - their support reputation is very good.

I bought this as a step-up horn for my son when he was a high-school freshman, figuring that if he didn't want it, I would keep it as a "rest-of-my-playing-days" horn for the occasions that I needed a euphonium (I have mostly played tuba the last 20 years), but circumstances changed, and I play-tested it, put it on a shelf, and there it has sat for the past 2 years (I like the Yamaha sound, but it doesn't fit my needs/wishes).

It looks brand new - no dents, scrapes, dings. Valves are great - and it plays remarkably well. Easy blowing, even up the scale, and sounds lovely. Intonation is very good for me - as good as any & better than most other euphs I've played (I've owned Yamahas, Willsons, Bessons, Sterling, and play-tested Adams, et al.) - even the notorious 6th partial ENat & F.

$1,150 + actual shipping cost (buyers-choice for carrier & insurance) from California
    Pics here (note the Protec gig bag comment, below):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...g0?usp=sharing

For another $50, I'll add a like-new Protec gig bag that I've never used but to store the horn. I've added pictures of my bag to the google drive link. Pretty sure it's this model bag:
    https://www.amazon.com/Protec-Bell-E...i%2C226&sr=8-5

The Wessex case looks similar to the Protec, but it's larger, stiffer, heavier, and provides better protection. It's of course not as portable/maneuverable as the Protec gig bag.
    Last edited by RickF; 05-24-2021 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Sold

Hi, Is this still available? I've been on the market for a pre-owned Wessex for some time now, and I'm interested if so.

3. LittleJimmy, I believe John Morgan was interested in a Maly.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    I was a little interested in a Double Bell, but probably not a Maly. I have three euphoniums already. (I know, I like instruments, but I don't have any use for a Maly even though it is pretty darn cool).
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

5. Ack, sorry. It was Nbnarcisi that was interested, but it looks like you already were aware of that. Here's his post and you probably already saw his reply:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...i#.YJQ27MCSm70

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Hi, Is this still available? I've been on the market for a pre-owned Wessex for some time now, and I'm interested if so.
    Yes, it's available. I had considered working back my euph chops and uploading a "no kidding, listen to how nimble this horn is" video, but that's unlikely to happen till I get over this work hump.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    You should be a salesman, LittleJimmy!! I admit it is a cool horn, but I really just don't have any need for it. I would play it for a few days, show my bandmates one time, then put it in the closet, and it would sit there forever. My Boosey & Hawkes Imperial, a gorgeous horn, only comes out a few times a year. My Wessex only comes out when I don't want my Adams to get hurt (playing in crowded spaces, outdoors, etc.). My Adams is my 95% of the time at least horn. So, the Maly would just not get used. But good luck in getting it sold!!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

As commented above in the post, this is now sold!
    I'm the happy new owner, and the horn looks and plays like new (exactly as described). I don't do enough traveling/gigs to justify a gig bag, so I passed on the Protec. For what it's worth, it looked in great condition when I went to go pick up the wessex.
    Thanks again, Tokuno!

Congrats on the purchase. I bought a new Wessex Dokce last week and I’m very impressed with it. Enjoy yours.
    JP374 Sterling + Mercer and Barker GW3

10. Is the gig bag still available?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast