Thread: For sale: Pre-Owned Adams E1 Euphonium

For sale: Pre-Owned Adams E1 Euphonium

This horn has been sold. It was sold for the price in the original posting $5500. It was not sold thru eBay.

$5500
    Sterling Silver bell
    Brushed lacquer, multi colored
    Adams Adjustable Gap Receiver
    No trigger
    Valves are excellent!
    Standard Marcus Bonna case included
    Some wear due to contact with clothing. There are some scratches also.
    There is one tiny dent
    Has been cleaned by Emile Catricala of Albany, New York, Spring 2020.
    Purchased August 10, 2016, as a demo unit
    Played August 2016 until September, 2019 and has not been played since.

I joined the forum in 2015 and read opinions regarding various euphoniums. I became convinced that the Adams was the one for me. I then drove over to Austin Custom Brass, in Reading, MA and played demo units. I enjoyed the horn, purchased it and it has been everything I expected it to be. It’s a real “eye catcher” due to the brushed lacquer and multiple colors. Due to reasons explained below, I have been forced to quit playing the euphonium. Because this forum inspired me to buy the horn I loved, I am offering it to members of the forum before I put it on ebay. In few weeks, I will put the horn on ebay.

In 2018, I developed problems with my lips and playing became very difficult. It seemed to be a neurological issue. Three neurologists gave me no satisfactory explanation! I took lessons from a skilled performer/teacher in upstate NY, who had recovered from neurological issues and knew what I was experiencing, but I was not able to reach a satisfactory level of playing.

John Elliott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bbbbell.jpg   bbbvalve caps.jpg   bbbin case.jpg   bbbto right.jpg   bbbto left.jpg  

zzzCase.jpg   adams.jpg   cccdetals2.jpg   cccIMG-6574a.jpg   cccdetails.jpg  

Last edited by jelliott; 09-03-2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Euphonium has sold
    John Elliott
    Adams E1, .60 mm, sterling silver bell, brushed lacquer
    Mouthpiece--Griego 5, Denis Wick SM4U, Denis Wick 4AL