Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euphonium Solo: In Gardens of Peace

1. Euphonium Solo: In Gardens of Peace

Hello everyone,

A number of years ago way back in August 2014, I made my first visit to the old Somme battlefield to visit my Great Grandfather, Henry Nichols who was killed in action on Sunday 11th March 1917. I visited where he had originally been buried and later that day I visited where he now rests at Assevillers New British Cemetery. I was in the final year of a music degree and after this visit, I was inspired to commission a new solo based upon The Commonweath War Graves Cemeteries on the old Somme battlefield and the result was a collaboration between myself, Wolfgang Weichselbaumer and Philip Harper which produced a very special piece of music entitled 'In Gardens of Peace'.

'In Gardens of Peace' was premiered in December 2015, and has been recorded by Steven Mead and Glynn Williams and has been performed quite a number of times since then. Over the course of lockdown Philip Harper wrote a Piano reduction for 'In Gardens of Peace' which I found time to record yesterday. I really hope you enjoy this recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOd9A4fZzT0

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    That was lovely, Micah. Very nicely done, and I like the tune a lot. The piano part is also nice and fits very well with the piece. Thanks for posting.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

3. Hello John,

Thank you so much. The piano reduction was recently written by Philip Harper during lockdown and I am really pleased that I have been able to record this piece.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Echo John’s comments, love it !!! Great feeling and expression

Beautiful piece and execution Micah. well done. The emotion of playing a piece that you commissioned always comes through.

don

Great piece played wonderfully.
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

7. Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for you’re kind comments. I really hope to see all of your performing this piece in the very near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Micah, is this in publication for purchase at this point ? If so, how would one get it /

Absolutely lovely Micah. Thanks for the link! Also, in answer to the question above here's a quote from the YouTube page: "The soloist part and piano reduction for 'In Gardens of Peace' can be purchased directly from Steven Mead's Euphonium Store."
    Steve Petrangelo
    Lake Havasu Regional Orchestra (trombone/treasurer)

10. Hello everyone,

You can purchase this piece directly from Steven Mead's Euphonium Store at the following link - https://www.euphoniumstore.net/produ...nium-and-piano. The Brass Band Version is also available there too. I would love to hear you're thoughts about this piece of music.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast