Thread: Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS For Sale

1. Thumbs up Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS For Sale

Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS (S/N 754316) $4000, negotiable.

I purchased this instrument here through the forum a few years ago. I am the second owner; the original owner did not have it very long or use it very much, I don’t think. I have been happy with it but have decided to go in a different direction. A few notes on the instrument:

This instrument has the newer valveset rather than the older Bauerfeind set that some folks here prize so much. I have had no problems with the valves being fast provided that they are oiled regularly. The fit is tight (in a good way) so leaving them dry for extended periods is not a good thing. Otherwise, no problem at all.

There is no main tuning slide trigger. That may be a dealbreaker for some, but I find the tuning of this instrument to be perfectly manageable without it. To add one would, in my opinion, add more weight than improvement to playability.

Heavy gold brass bell, silver plated with gold accents, heavy bottom cap on the fourth valve. This instrument originally had heavy bottom caps on all four valves. I had the heavy bottoms removed from valves 1-3 and those caps replated at Anderson plating. I can include the weights with the sale if desired. However, the Virtuoso is a very heavy instrument already without them. I have also added a water catcher to valves 1-3, as well as a set of the light Meadsprings.

The instrument is dent-free except for the tiniest ping on the inside of the bottom bow. I tried to capture it in a photo but couldn’t do so effectively.

A JP case is also included. You will notice there is a slight puncture in the lining of the case, which was caused by the lyre box screw. Removing the screw prevents further wear.

$4000 includes CONUS shipping. Reasonable offers will be considered. I would prefer not to ship internationally because of the expense and possibility of import taxes, VAT, etc.

Pictures are here. (Dog not included.)

https://www.olemiss.edu/lowbrass/sterlingsale2020.html

Also, here is a video from a recital I performed using this instrument in October 2019. (You know, back when we were allowed to have recitals.)

https://thereformingtrombonist.com/2...ce-recordings/

Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by Micah Everett; 12-17-2020 at 01:46 PM.

2. Micah,

Very nice horn, well priced, and wonderful recital. One quick question. What size bell? 300mm (11.8"), 305mm (12"), or 310mm (12.2").

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

3. 305mm. I knew I forgot something.

4. One bump before going to eBay. Make an offer if you are interested!

5. Last edited by davewerden; 01-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.

6. One more bump for this eBay sale. Great price on a fine instrument.

7. Relisted. Reasonable offers considered. Thank you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-Vi...m/184607131011
    Last edited by davewerden; 01-03-2021 at 09:04 PM.

That is a very nice price! Sterling makes a great euphonium, and 3.5k for a nice pro horn is a good catch for someone.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

9. Somebody here gave me a great deal on this horn a few years back, and I'm happy to pass it on. Of course, if folks want to get into a bidding war and run the price way up that's also fine.

10. After getting a couple of private messages recently about this horn, I realized that I never updated the post. It sold on eBay back in January of last year. Thanks!