Thread: Grainger Album by the US Marine Band and Choral Arts Society of Washington

1. Grainger Album by the US Marine Band and Choral Arts Society of Washington

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this, so my apologies if this is in the wrong place!

I recently found this album by The President's Own and The Choral Arts Society of Washington that was quite interesting! It's all works by Grainger, and what I found neat were several arrangements of some of his standard band works for wind band and choir, such as Irish Tune from Country Derry and Lost Lady Found from Lincolnshire Posy, the latter includes the choir singing the original folksong lyrics.

Here is the YouTube playlist link (the album is also available through Spotify if you prefer):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dsxpobg_zdXaRg
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiifilm View Post
    Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this, so my apologies if this is in the wrong place!

I recently found this album by The President's Own and The Choral Arts Society of Washington that was quite interesting! It's all works by Grainger, and what I found neat were several arrangements of some of his standard band works for wind band and choir, such as Irish Tune from Country Derry and Lost Lady Found from Lincolnshire Posy, the latter includes the choir singing the original folksong lyrics.

Here is the YouTube playlist link (the album is also available through Spotify if you prefer):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dsxpobg_zdXaRg
    I always found Colonial Song to be really hard!

Mike