Thread: I'm looking for use horn

1. I'm looking for use horn

Hi, I'm new to the community, I'm looking for a second-hand horn for sale that is at an affordable price. I am from Mexico and I just started my higher studies at the National University, I have a JP274 horn but I am thinking of buying one from a Professional brand, but I see that the prices are extremely high, even higher here in Mexico, that's why I'm looking for some euphonium compensating that it is second hand regardless of the state of the lacquer or silver, the important thing is that it sounds good and is durable. I have seen good deals in facebook stores for 900 dollars, including 1200 for some Yamaha, Besson, Jupiter XO, unfortunately they have already been sold. The maximum budget I have is $ 2600 dollars, I hope to find one and likewise that I am willing to send internationally.
    Last edited by Andres Gomez; 12-08-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Welcome to the forum!

I'll keep an eye open for something that fits your needs. Meanwhile, maybe one of our members has something.

Good luck!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Andres...
    Si tienes $2600, no tienes que comprar de segunda mano! Echa una ojeada a las conversaciones sobre el "Doubler" producido por Austin Custom Brass...un instrumento de alta calidad con un precio que no quiebra la banca. Has oido de las marcas Wessex y Mack Brass? Ofrecen instrumentos que a muchos les gustan.
    ================================================== ================================================== ==========
    if you have $2600, you don't need to buy second-hand! Have a look at the conversations about the ACB Doubler, a high-quality instrument that won't break the bank. Have you heard of the brands Wessex and Mack Brass? They offer instruments a lot of people like.
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

4. Hi, I just received an offer for a Yamaha 642 Maestro in silver, the price with shipping to Mexico is $ 2215 pounds sterling ($ 2961 dollars), the instrument looks in good condition despite being around 20 years old. my question is about the "master" model from Yamaha. I emphasize that I am looking for a second-hand horn to use during my higher studies at the national university. best regards. Andres Gomez
    Last edited by Andres Gomez; 12-09-2020 at 08:39 PM.

The 642 IS considered a professional-level instrument. Does that answer your question?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

6. Yes sir.

7. To add on, the "Maestro" name was what Yamaha called the 642 euphoniums sold in the UK/Europe. Other than the added name, they're exactly the same as the older 642s you might find used for sale in the US/Japan, for example. There's a newer version of the instrument called the 642II "Neo."
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)