Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CD from Gary Curtin - Eire Time - Amazing!

New CD from Gary Curtin - Eire Time - Amazing!

I just finished a review of "Eire Time" by Gary Curtin. It is a great CD, one of the best I have ever heard. And, while I haven't heard every euphonium CD out there (who could these days?) I think this one creates a unique blend/integration of band and euphonium. Read the whole review at the link below (it includes 3 sound samples):

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/entry.p...rtin-Eire-Time
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. I will second Dave's review. A brilliant performance by a really nice guy. I got my CD from Gary about 3 weeks ago (signed!). Often Gary was used in Black Dyke for his brilliant technique. However this CD shows a much broader range of talents in melodic and tonal pieces as well. And a surprise, he ain't a bad singer either!

Gary has been my tutor at the International Brass Band Summer School since 2013. I hope to be able to get back to Swansea, Wales in August of 2021.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

My copy (signed too) arrived today and having listened through a couple, once seriously and once cursorily, I find it remarkable. Effortless playing that one doesn’t hear very often. This is proper euphonium playing at its very best, and as such finds itself in very hallowed company alongside David Childs’ Symphonic Euphonium 2, Glyn Williams’ The Lure Of The Red Jacket, and Morgan Griffiths’ The Voice Of The Euphonium as the best in my collection.

I was most reminded of Bob Childs at his imperious, flamboyant, unmatchable best when listening to this, and praise doesn’t get any higher than that.

An absolute must hear for any euphonium player, of any standard.
    Nowt

Retired

Congratulations to Gary Curtin for winning the Solo CD of the Year Award from 4BarsRest!!

https://www.4barsrest.com/news/43184...cd-of-the-year

I doubt that anyone who has heard the CD would disagree with the decision!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Not that I can say anything more complimentary than has already been said, but I too, received a signed CD from Gary yesterday, and I almost cannot believe that someone could possibly play what he did and as well as he did it. This is an absolutely monumental CD of virtuosity and musicianship like I have NEVER EVER heard before throughout an entire CD with 13 tracks. From one track of the CD to the next, to the next and on and on. Not only is Gary's performance just simply astounding, but the Foden's Band is also quite amazing in their own right. Not just simple accompaniments to a master euphonium player, but really great arrangements and virtuosity by the entire Foden's Band.

I am stunned by this CD. I just put down what I was doing as I was listening to it as I could not concentrate on anything else while this CD played. I will be listening to this again and again. If you get one euphonium CD in your lifetime, GET THIS ONE!!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

6. Hello guys

How can I buy the CD? I went to Gary's website and see only how to buy streaming. Thanks.

LittleJimmy

7. I messaged him on Facebook and did a PayPal transfer.
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

8. Hi

I'm not on Facebook, so I hope there are other options.

LittleJimmy

If you go to the linked page and scroll down Gary shows his email address. This is the link:

https://www.garycurtin.com/contact
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

10. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    If you go to the linked page and scroll down Gary shows his email address. This is the link:

https://www.garycurtin.com/contact
    That works too!
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast