Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve oil

Quote Originally Posted by tonewheeler View Post
    Blue Juice. It's reliable, consistent, and keeps the valves and casings clean.
    There’s a lot of love for the blue poison here. I still maintain it’s oil for people who don’t like cleaning their instruments. (I used to do a great deal of instrument cleaning and servicing, and the amount of residue left behind by habitual Blue Juice use was quite remarkable. In general they were instruments owned by bands and not an individual, so that may account for the for it). Even on my old hooters I found it too thick, and ended up with Al Cass. I’m currently using Yamaha synthetic which is great. I don’t get build up as the euph is washed internally every month.

I really liked Besson’s proprietary oil but that’s long since vanished, and as for Webster’s Ego lube, what an appalling product.
    Nowt

Retired

I remember reading (on another network) where Matt at Dillon Music said, “Use Blue Juice, you’ll thank me later”. When I take my horn in for its yearly service my tech always says that it’s pretty clean. I do clean out my horn every few months between yearly service.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I need to pick some up next time I am down there, or maybe I'll just order some.
    Sterling / Perantucci 1065HGS Euphonium, 1952 B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, and a bunch of trombones.

Five Starr. You're welcome.
    Brandon Jones
    Principal Euphonium - The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C.
    bmjones82@gmail.com

I always use La Tromba T1. Maybe not the cheapest, but the bottles last for a very long time.

I used Blue Juice for a while but it left a lot of junk. Tried Resilience oil, but had the same problem. I now use Doc's Juice by Monster Oil and have not had any problems.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12