Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Willson Euphonium and Gig Bag

1. Thumbs up FS: Willson Euphonium and Gig Bag

Sold pending funds.

I’m looking to sell this Willson compensating euphonium in lacquer. It’s in rough cosmetic shape regarding its lacquer, but other than the small dent on the slide pictured, I haven’t found or noticed any issues. I received this in a trade about a year ago from a member over on TubeNet, but I simply don’t have time to play anymore. Plus, I’m moving around often enough that it’s difficult to find a group to play in.

I’m assuming this is a 2900, but I’m not sure. Maybe some folks here can clarify.

The included gig bag is also in rough to decent shape. It’s plenty padded, and there aren’t any rips or tears. The zipper sometimes splits. Also included is a Bach 3G, mouthpiece pouch, and valve oil/cleaning supplies/the like.

I’m located in Minnesota, willing to drive a few hours to meet a serious buyer. I would rather not ship. We can wear masks, stay socially distant. Horn has been cleaned and not played since, though I will continue to keep the valves oiled. If you come to me, you can test it in the church sanctuary with some great acoustics.

I’ll welcome offers and suggestions. https://imgur.com/a/5oIQj2Q here is a link to photos.
    Last edited by Dubby; 02-06-2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Sold

There is a dent in the bottom bow as well, right? Just checking because the rough finish makes it hard to tell in some places. And is the rim area of the bell bent or is that just lacquer issues I see (I'm guessing the latter, but it is helpful to make sure potential buyers can develop an accurate opinion quickly).

Price is always hard to set, and it is partly based on the current "stock" in the used market. Given the fairly extensive wear on the finish you may not get $3k, but if the horn functions really well that will help a lot!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. The bottom bow seems to be dent free, that’s just the lacquer wear and reflection in the photo. Same with the bell, no warping that I’ve noticed.

Thanks for the note regarding price too.

4. Bump and price drop November 12th.

5. Bump and price drop $2400

6. Available December 13th
    Last edited by Dubby; 12-13-2020 at 05:16 PM.

7. Back available

8. Has anyone confirmed if this is in fact a 2900L? Because if so, I would be interested no doubt about that.

9. Usually Willsons have the model number engraved on the mouthpiece receiver (not sure if that's the case with the older ones, which this particular one seems to be).

If in doubt, you could email Willson directly at info@Willson.ch with the serial number and they should be able to tell you. I emailed them awhile back and Mr. Kurath was quite prompt with responding, so it's worth a shot!
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

10. I’ll take a closer look on the receiver and see what I find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast