Thread: Opinions about this brand?

Opinions about this brand?

Any thoughts about this euphonium?

I recently found this Euphonium, very good looking: silver plated with gold trim on the tubing. It is a compensating euphonium with 4 valves and it has trigger too. It is the Conn-Selmer 300EH. Anyone had/have this instrument? How would describe it? Is Conn-Selmer a good euphonium brand?

This was previously discussed on this forum
    http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...m#.X5rEDVApDuo
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

3. Opinions about this brand?

Hello Everyone!

I recently joined this forum a couple months ago and I thought I would make my first post today. The thread that I'm replying to is what are your opinions on about this brand? I was curious to see what everyone's opinion was on Wessex euphoniums. I'm currently a sophomore in college studying music and I currently play on a Yamaha non-compensating euphonium (YEP-321). It is a nice horn that I have taken extremely good care of. I was thinking about purchasing a compensating horn. I was looking at buying a Boozey & Hawks Imperial from a UK site, but I was also interested in buying a Wessex 'Dolce' I have heard good things about these horns and since I'm going to be making the transition to a compensating from you I want to make sure that I make the transition as smooth as possible by choosing a great horn. I would go with a Wilson or Besson, but they can tend to be pricey. I feel like the Wessex or the Boozey would your quality instrument and most importantly he worth the money. I want to make sure I'm also getting a good value and a horn that is going to last me a long time. Everyone's opinions and thoughts are valued and appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I've been playing a Dolce for a couple years, after 5-ish years of playing a differently stamped Jinbao compensating horn. Both are / were good bang for the buck. I wish I could have had either of them when I was a euph-playing music education major back in the late '60s,

D
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)