Thread: Bell cover

Bell cover

Can anyone recommend a bell cover for euphonium? There are alot available, but I don't know if they're all the same and equally effective.

I'd like to know as well. My usual source for such things had bell covers for all the brass, except... Well, you know.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. The purpose of a bell cover is to reduce emission of particles, correct? I would think that with the length of tubing in a euph or tuba, that most if not all "aerosol" would condense and not be emitted from the bell. Just a guess, but maybe that is why bell covers are not readily available.

4. I haven't had the chance (nor need) to try them yet, but it looks like Denis Wick has developed a line of bell covers for all brass instruments. I think they were released fairly recently, but the reviews I've seen on Facebook have been fairly positive.

https://www.deniswick.com/product/st...le-bell-cover/
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

Our community band is preparing to get back to rehearsing with limiting conditions and caution. Understandably, we have many members requiring certain conditions before they participate, bell covers included. Maybe the DW covers will be a suitable choice. It's a strange new world for all of us. For me, not being able to produce beautiful music with my colleagues hurts.

Helpful links, Mike, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel76309 View Post
    The purpose of a bell cover is to reduce emission of particles, correct? I would think that with the length of tubing in a euph or tuba, that most if not all "aerosol" would condense and not be emitted from the bell. Just a guess, but maybe that is why bell covers are not readily available.
    There's more aerosol from talking and breathing then playing tuba according to a recent study by the University of Minnesota. I would think it would be same with euphonium and baritone https://www.startribune.com/in-minne...rts/572784222/

Denis Wick has a bell cover that's pretty cheap.