Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Introducing a new Euphonium to the market the ACB Doubler's Euphonium

I bought a "b-stock" large bore doubler's cornet off the ACB web site last year to help put instruments in the hands of talented players who could join the new brass band I started and I was super pleased with the quality of the instrument that came. It was shipped super quickly and there was even a hand-written note thanking me for the purchase. I don't play cornet to any decent standard, so I can't speak to whether or not it's a great instrument, but the fantastic player I lent it to seemed to like it *A LOT.* I would not hesitate to buy another, or try out the euphonium if I was in the market for one in that price bracket.
    --
    Barry

2. Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    Trent,

Which one are you sending, Brass, Silver or Brushed?

Thanks, Doug
    Hi Doug!

We are shipping a clear lacquer horn for y'all to try. In fact it's already on it's way to John who's up first!

We are excited to see what folks think and as always thankful for your support and openness for this experiment.

Best regards,
    T
    Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass
    www.austincustombrass.biz
    I started on Baritone BTW in 3rd grade band

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    I'm sitting by my front door anxiously awaiting. Nothing in the world like getting a new instrument (even if in this case just to try it out, then send it along).
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    I'm sitting by my front door anxiously awaiting. Nothing in the world like getting a new instrument (even if in this case just to try it out, then send it along).
    Looking forward to your review!
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    I bought a "b-stock" large bore doubler's cornet off the ACB web site last year to help put instruments in the hands of talented players who could join the new brass band I started and I was super pleased with the quality of the instrument that came. It was shipped super quickly and there was even a hand-written note thanking me for the purchase. I don't play cornet to any decent standard, so I can't speak to whether or not it's a great instrument, but the fantastic player I lent it to seemed to like it *A LOT.* I would not hesitate to buy another, or try out the euphonium if I was in the market for one in that price bracket.
    Thanks so much for your kind words in regards to the cornet! We appreciate your support!
    -T
    Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Oh goodie! The ACB doubler's euphonium has just arrived. I opened the box and everything looks just fine. I will give it a good ride for a few days then send it on. I assume that you will be sending me info or instructions on who and where to send it next. If not, I will be in touch.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

7. Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    Oh goodie! The ACB doubler's euphonium has just arrived. I opened the box and everything looks just fine. I will give it a good ride for a few days then send it on. I assume that you will be sending me info or instructions on who and where to send it next. If not, I will be in touch.

Fantastic! Once you are ready to send the horn to the next trial just give us a call at 816-410-0826 or email us at info@austincustombrass.com. We'll then email you a prepaid label for the next leg of the journey.

Looking forward to your review. Thanks again for the opportunity!

Best,
    Trent
    Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass

Questions for Trent Austin -

First, About the brushed lacquer finish - The horn on the far right in the picture with three horns is the brushed lacquer. Is that correct? Since the "brushed" appearance is from the lacquer, do you have to take an extra level of care to keep it looking nice? Or is it just keep it clean? I see the beauty of brushed finishes on horns, but hear that they are more work to keep looking their best. What do you have to do to maintain the finish on a horn with this option?

Second - Any chance you are going to come out with a Doubler's baritone?

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sara Hood View Post
    Questions for Trent Austin -

First, About the brushed lacquer finish - The horn on the far right in the picture with three horns is the brushed lacquer. Is that correct? Since the "brushed" appearance is from the lacquer, do you have to take an extra level of care to keep it looking nice? Or is it just keep it clean? I see the beauty of brushed finishes on horns, but hear that they are more work to keep looking their best. What do you have to do to maintain the finish on a horn with this option?

Second - Any chance you are going to come out with a Doubler's baritone?

- Sara

Sara,

Thanks so much for your questions. In regards to the brushed lacquer finish the brass surface is first brushed prior to lacquering. The finish is fine and durable in our experience at least we have seen it in our satin trumpets, cornets, flugels, and piccolo trumpets we've had for sale for years. It's like any other lacquer finish and requires a minimal amount of upkeep. Only thing I recommend is wiping off the horn if you have acidic hands (if you tend to leave a tiny film on the horn after playing) with a microfiber cloth and use lukewarm water when cleaning.

We have thought about the baritone but offer a very nice baritone from another factory we are sole US dealers for (Manchester Brass). If the euph project goes well we could consider a baritone but the trombone line is next up for us.

Best regards,

Trent
    Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234