Thread: The Great Mouthpiece Sale of 2020!

The Great Mouthpiece Sale of 2020!

Hello - I am selling off an excess of trombone and euphonium mouthpieces that have piled up as a result of changing styles and experimentation over the years. The condition of each mouthpiece varies from brand new to well worn, but everything is clean and plays as it should. All trombone and euphonium mouthpieces listed are large shank unless otherwise specified.

Please DM me here or email me at ajeasley@outlook.com for inquiries - I will be more than happy to provide photos. Add $10 shipping in the continental United States. Internationally, buyer pays for shipping. Available for local pickup if you happen to be near Lawrence, Kansas.

Bach 2G - silver plate in great condition. $40

Bach 1 1/2 G - silver plate in great condition, very low mileage. $40

Conn Helleberg 7B - low mileage tuba mouthpiece in great condition. $40

Yamaha 51C4L - brand new in the packaging from a trombone I bought. $20

Schilke 51D - silver plate with Remington taper shank. Small dents on the end of the shank with some cosmetic wear on the cup exterior and light scratching. Still plays like a Schilke 51D. $15

Schilke 51D - silver plate with Remington taper shank. Shank is straight with scratches on the cup exterior and minor nicks on the rim that don't seem to affect playability. $15

Schilke 51D EURO SHANK - silver plate in near mint condition. $75

Kelly 51D - Stainless steel in mint condition. $60

Denis Wick SM3 - my daily driver on euphonium for many years. silver plate in decent shape. Cosmetic nicks on the side of the rim that don't seem to affect playability, scuffing along the shank, with some denting on the end of the shank that can probably be straightened out. $25

Schilke 51 - silver plate with some light rim scratching. Still a great choice for wind band/orchestral work on the trombone. $25

Wick Heritage 4AL - gold rim and interior with silver exterior. Great condition. $100

Shires 5MD - silver plate in near mint condition. Good trombone option if you want something that's a smidge darker than a Bach 5G and will take a lot of air. $50

Hammond 12XL - gold plate in excellent condition. $75

Hammond 12ML - gold plate in excellent condition. $75

Hammond 12XL EURO SHANK - special order gold plate in near mint condition. $150

*SOLD* Bach 4G - silver plate exterior and shank with gold plate rim and cup interior. Mild shank scuffing, but everything else is in great condition. $50

*SOLD* Schilke 51D - gold plate in great condition. Purchased new about a year ago. Scuffing along the shank, but that's about it. This is the newer large shank design Schilke started using about 10 years ago. $60

*SOLD* Loud LM20 - stainless steel tank of a mouthpiece no longer in production. Would be my holy grail euphonium mouthpiece if I could get a third lung surgically implanted! Stainless steel piece in great condition save for a small dent on the end of the shank. $120

*SOLD* Giddings GW-103 - Low mileage piece that took a drop several years ago. Nick on the outer rim, a subtle dent in the shank, and light scratching on the rim, none of which affect playability. Comes with a Giddings mouthpiece pouch in decent condition. $60

*SOLD* Denis Wick SM3.5 - gold plate in good shape. Light wear around the shank and some scratches along the exterior of the cup. Rim and cup interior are in great condition. $60
    Last edited by Ajeasley; 07-21-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Sale Status Upate

2. I'll buy the Bach 4G

PM’d. I want the LM20.
    Last edited by miketeachesclass; 10-02-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Bump and price drops!
    Andrew Easley
    Principal Euphonium, 35th Infantry Division Band of the Kansas Army National Guard

Bump and a few new listings.
    Andrew Easley
    Principal Euphonium, 35th Infantry Division Band of the Kansas Army National Guard

Stupid question -- does the Remington taper shank fit in a regular large-shank euphonium?
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

I think that the 'playing it safe' answer would be to say that it depends. I've never experienced a situation where it didn't fit into a Morse taper instrument (the mostly standard taper for large shank trombones and euphoniums of recent decades), though it does stick out a bit longer from the instrument.
    Andrew Easley