Thread: Sacred Euphonium, Brian Bowman

Sacred Euphonium, Brian Bowman

David,

I really enjoy the music from the album Sacred Euphonium and was wondering if the arrangements were available somewhere for purchase.

Thanks!

As far as I know the pieces have not been put into a published collection. That's too bad, actually, because it is a great idea!

Anyway, you can find many of the "classical" pieces here:

https://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page

I have done an arrangement of Bless This House, which can be played as either a solo or a duet:

https://www.cimarronmusic.com/catalo...ss-this-house/
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Sacred Euphonium (Dr. Brian Bowman) was one of the first CDs I bought about twenty years ago when getting back to playing. I've played a number of these selections in church over the years. As Dave stated, these have not been put together in a collection unfortunately, so I searched for the individual sheet music for voice with piano accompaniment and found some of them. I have a book somewhere with a few of the Mendelssohn pieces but can't find it right now.

"Bless This House" (Brahe). Dave already shared an excellent source for this piece. Boosey & Hawkes is another publisher.
    "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked" (Twohig & O'Hare), Hal Leonard published the one I use for voice and piano (same key as on the CD. Bb).
    "The Lord's Prayer" (Malotte) is readily available in several keys for voice. I've played it in Bb and Db (prefer Db).
    "Open the Gates to the Temple", (Fanny Crosby & Joseph Knapp) is by Larrabee Publications. The one I have is in 'F' concert - same key as on the CD.
    Last edited by RickF; 02-12-2024 at 12:23 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I have the Richard Foote arrangement of Bach's Air and played it a couple of times, once using organ for accompaniment at a church. It came with a small vinyl record! Kendor Music. Inc. is the publisher, under trombone solo and piano.

Last year at a workshop, I got a hold of the duet arrangement of Bless This House for tenor and soprano for free. I never performed it. I have a solo arrangement of Bless This House. It was my first solo piece I played at university.
    Last edited by euphlight; 09-01-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: found the publisher of Bach Air

Thank you gentlemen! Much appreciated!

This thread is a little over two years old but I just found Dr. Brian Bowman's "Sacred Euphonium" collection on YouTube. Not sure why it is shared there. Maybe it's no longer available? Not sure.

The Sacred Euphonium:
    "Gesu Bambino" is on this CD and Dr. Bowman plays it in the key of 'E'. Sounds wonderful as do all the other selections.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)