Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBC Impressions

It will indeed!

That's "Thread" as in reply, not "Thread" as in HBC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liuto View Post
    I measured 28,85 (or was it 27,85)
    I measured again. It was 27,85 with 0,8 mm pitch.

I wonder what this thread is called. The only reference chart I found was on ferreestoolsinc.com, but I don't understand their coding. The diameter is in 1/64", which would translate to 71/64" or 72/64". But I don't understand their pitch unit, maybe mils (I mean 1/1000"), but none of the example thread sizes are remotely similar to what I calculate.

Another fine example of the usual imperial units confusion.

Edit: I believe I now understand what they mean. For example, a 3664 thread is a 1“ thread with 36 tpi pitch.
    Mine would be 32 tpi = .79375 mm pitch
    Diameter is 27,85 = 70.137/64“, probably a 3271 or 3272 thread.
    Last edited by Liuto; 09-09-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: understood the nomenclature

After having band practice with the HBC installed on my B&H Sovereign yesterday evening, I can tell that there's definitely a big effect on how it plays.
    For me, the upper register was much more stable. I had to put in less effort to keep my high concert F and G centered with the alternate fingerings I use (1+2 and 3 respectively), and I feel like my sound projected a bit better.
    The drawbacks are a slight loss in response in the lower register at pp and some flexibility, but that's nothing some more practice cannot fix.
    So overall, I'm pretty satisfied so far.
    Euphoniums
    2008 Willson 2960TA Celebration
    1979 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign (Round Stamp)
    Mouthpiece: Denis Wick SM4
    Baritone
    1975 Besson New Standard
    Mouthpiece: Courtois 10

5. Sorry to ask this, but how long did it take for you folk in the States to get your caps? I placed an order back in July and am still waiting. I have made inquiries on the contact page of their web site and left a couple PM’s here for Chris but received no response. Dave, if this post is out of bounds I apologize and will understand if you delete it. I am just trying to figure out if a close to two month wait is normal.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Sorry to ask this, but how long did it take for you folk in the States to get your caps? I placed an order back in July and am still waiting. I have made inquiries on the contact page of their web site and left a couple PM’s here for Chris but received no response. Dave, if this post is out of bounds I apologize and will understand if you delete it. I am just trying to figure out if a close to two month wait is normal.
    I had the same issue. Lost in shipping... US Mail is not particularly reliable currently! I contacted Chris at HBC and he sent out another one immediately and I had it in about 2 weeks. HBC is a great group to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Sorry to ask this, but how long did it take for you folk in the States to get your caps? I placed an order back in July and am still waiting. I have made inquiries on the contact page of their web site and left a couple PM’s here for Chris but received no response. Dave, if this post is out of bounds I apologize and will understand if you delete it. I am just trying to figure out if a close to two month wait is normal.
    Try reaching out to him on Facebook too! Haven't tried pm-ing him here, but he was responsive on Facebook! Hope your issue gets sorted out soon, 2 months is definitely too long!!
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

8. Following on, did everybody get tracking numbers? I haven't.
    Just wondering if that was standard.
    No big deal if it isn't.

Hello Everyone and sincere apologies to those valued customers whose HBCs seemed to take for ever to arrive. We've shipped 152 to the USA since 4th July but even one late arrival is one too many. Because there have been a few issues of lost in the post and extended delivery times, we now send every HBC via the Post Office with a Tracking Number and e-mail everyone with their Tracking Number. To the USA the shipping cost is £12.70 but given that a Tracking Number provides detailed communication and reassurance that "It's on its way across the pond", we're happy not to increase the shipping cost and leave it at £6.95 and just just absorb the difference in price this end for the sake of good service; an important part of our little business.

Thank you; we do try our best! Hope your HBC is performing well. All the best, Chris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast