Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ann reid
    • Jan 2019

Last night was our coldest outdoor rehearsal to date. We are doing four “Christmas In October” outdoor concerts, all during the day, and I think possibly one more early evening outdoor rehearsal.

I haven’t had a lesson since the end of February, and I’m feeling more and more concerned about specific aspects of playing that I don’t feel confident self-teaching. Some of the good things I’d gotten from lessons in the past were somewhat counterintuitive to my woodwind brain, and I don’t want to form any bad habits.

All of our band rehearsals are outdoors, socially distanced, and we wear masks if we aren’t playing, but we actually play almost all the time we’re together. I’d love to have an outdoor lesson before it gets any colder, but haven’t quite figured out how to broach the idea to my teacher. I still practice an hour a day at least.

Comment

• davewerden
      Administrator
      • Nov 2005

I have some playlists of my videos, which might give you some things to work on.

This one is 11 videos about practicing marches, and the sheet music for the part is available for download (free) if you look at the YouTube description for each:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Xuh7oBwJfMPFO9

And many of the videos in my "How To" list could give you some instruction to stay busy until "real" music lessons are generally available:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7H0G0r4iZVuXjO
      Dave Werden (ASCAP)
      Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
      Adams Artist (Adams E3)
      Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
      YouTube: dwerden
      Facebook: davewerden
      Twitter: davewerden
      Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

Working...
      X