Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wick 4AL - Demondrae Warburton - K&G 3.5D Comparisons - Videos

Nice videos Tim. I prefer the Warburton as well. I have been on that mouthpiece for about 6 years now. The 4AL is nice also, but I guess I like the little darker, warmer sound of the Warburton.

I will do another video shortly playing in the upper register with the 4AL and Warburton.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

Hello John, thank you so much for the Old Man River video!

I have been listening to it and its predecessor clip through my HP ZBook G1 computer and a good Plantronic USB headset.

In your original clip, it was a bit difficult for me to tell the 4AL and the Demondrae apart. Different story in the Old Man River clip....

4AL delivers the hallmark Wick tone, consistent with what I have also experienced on Wick MPs for flugel... Eminently musical and consistent across the range... Admittedly, 4AL is also the MP that I use on my Wessex Festivo, where in those rare moments when I manage a good tone, I sink into the sound and the World around me disappears. so... Yes, I do love it!

The Demondrae on the other hand may be yielding a greater exposure/revelation of inner harmonics, which by contrast in the 4AL seem more blended into the overall tone. As a result, in Demondrae I seem to be hearing an intriguing deeper fundamental, as well as shimmer of higher overtones.

I should connect my computer to my stereo, so to hear a more complete rendering of the two MPs.

Saluti, Guido
    Euph - Wessex EP104 Festivo - 4AL
    Flugel - Kanstul 1525
    Trpt - Adams A4 LB
    Bb Cornet -Carolbrass CCR-7772R-GSS
    Eb Cornet - Carolbrass CCR-7775-GSS

Quote Originally Posted by guidocorona View Post
    Hello John, thank you so much for the Old Man River video!

I have been listening to it and its predecessor clip through my HP ZBook G1 computer and a good Plantronic USB headset.

In your original clip, it was a bit difficult for me to tell the 4AL and the Demondrae apart. Different story in the Old Man River clip....

4AL delivers the hallmark Wick tone, consistent with what I have also experienced on Wick MPs for flugel... Eminently musical and consistent across the range... Admittedly, 4AL is also the MP that I use on my Wessex Festivo, where in those rare moments when I manage a good tone, I sink into the sound and the World around me disappears. so... Yes, I do love it!

The Demondrae on the other hand may be yielding a greater exposure/revelation of inner harmonics, which by contrast in the 4AL seem more blended into the overall tone. As a result, in Demondrae I seem to be hearing an intriguing deeper fundamental, as well as shimmer of higher overtones.

I should connect my computer to my stereo, so to hear a more complete rendering of the two MPs.

Saluti, Guido
    Thanks, Guido. I still am not totally satisfied with the recording setup and results I get. The sound is a little off from what I hear when playing. It is a little "foghornish" sounding to me. It seems to have a metal like edge to it that I don't hear live when playing. This could be just the speakers I use with my computer. They are ho-hum, middle of the road speakers. But as I venture into the world of recording, I will surely get better at doing this.

Your comments are interesting.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12