Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geneva Cardinal Euphonium and Geneva GVL Euphonium

1. Micah, always make sure you remember to turn the snares off on the drums!! ;-)
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

2. Hello Doug,

You are totally right there!

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    Micah, always make sure you remember to turn the snares off on the drums!! ;-)
    Doug, that reminds me of my first audition for a high-end concert band in NYC a few years ago. The auditions were blind recorded auditions. I had a plan for the whole excerpt, and walked in, and as soon as I played my first note the snare drum that the percussionist who had auditioned immediately before me started buzzing. Threw me off my plan badly, and I never recovered.

Don

4. Don,

I used to practice in the band room at the Hollis Brookline HS where I taught math for a number of years. I would go into the room around 4-4:30p after all student use was over. The drums buzzed to beat the band. I could tell the power of the acoustic output of the euphonium! If I wanted to record a session, I would turn the snares off and relax the timpani. You are right, it is disconcerting.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Doug-

it was my first ever audition, and we were told not to speak, as the proctor in the room was not supposed to know our names, only instrument and number. I found out later I could’ve stopped and left the room to find a runner to shut off the snares.

6. Hello everyone,

I have to admit one of the interesting points of the new Geneva range of Euphonium's is the addition of the Rose Gold and Black Nickel plating which has given the instrument a rather unique look! I wonder if this will influence any other brand in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12