Thread: Parts for B&H Sovereign

Parts for B&H Sovereign

Hi,

I was gifted a beautiful Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign Euho a few years ago. The serial number places the manufacture date around the early 80's - Classic 'round stamp' Sovereign with mother of pearl inlay finger buttons.

I loaned it to my son for a while and he managed to misplace the 4th valve button. He did get a replacement, but it's not the same as the others.

I've been looking, but I can't find anywhere where I can get a matching replacement - it could also do with a new set of felts (which also seem difficult to source).

I would be very appreciative if anyone could give me any leads as to where I could source a replacement finger button and / or a set of felts for this instrument.

Welcome to the forum!

I created a thread in the Reference category to discuss getting old parts. There are a few that might work out for Besson:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/forumdi...-Parts-Sources
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Felts are the same normal ones as in the modern Sovereigns, you can get them from Steven Mead's webshop (euphoniumstore.net) in packs of 4, as well as the dampers and such. I ordered those for my Round Stamp myself and they fit perfectly. Regarding **original** finger buttons, I think you should look around on eBay for those.

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I created a thread in the Reference category to discuss getting old parts. There are a few that might work out for Besson:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/forumdi...-Parts-Sources

Thanks Dave,

I'm loving reading through some of the conversations on this site. Thanks for the leads, very much appreciated.

Fantastic,

Thanks. I was able to get hold of some felts. I'll keep looking for finger buttons and continue to remain optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkl5 View Post
    Fantastic,

Thanks. I was able to get hold of some felts. I'll keep looking for finger buttons and continue to remain optimistic
    Try to see on Dawkes Music, parts & tools, euphonium, Boosey & Hawkes 675/677. They have 58 in stock, see if that's what you're looking for.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Thanks very much Franz,

Not what I'm looking for, but I might send them an email anyway. Seems that if anyone was likely to come across them, they w
    ould.

8. I have a set of Sovereign finger buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkl5 View Post
    Hi,

I was gifted a beautiful Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign Euho a few years ago. I would be very appreciative if anyone could give me any leads as to where I could source a replacement finger button and / or a set of felts for this instrument.
    Check your PM. Matched set of four Sovereign finger buttons. Gold plated. With felts. Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200723_141203.jpg  
    Last edited by daruby; 07-23-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Thank you Doug,

My Sovereign is silver. I've replied to your PM.

This forum is fantastic!