Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB - Compensating Euphonium

I got my John Packer from https://www.facebook.com/midsouthmusic79 . I contacted Joe Sellmansberger <midsouthmusic@aol.com> . It was also the best price. I would contact Joe. My JP274 has made me very happy and the price was great.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

There is a JP 274 MKII on eBay right now. The price is $1,750 and the horn is new. That is pretty close to standard discount price, so you might take advantage of the Make Offer button and see if you can get it for a couple hundred less.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JOHN-PA...E/324212435452

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	7797
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Hello Shawn, congrats for ordering on Sinfonico!

according to the email below which I received a couple of days ago from James Garney at Wessex, an out of pocket cost of an unsuccessful 14 days Try&Buy of Sinfonico is likely to be in around $100 USD. Here is the note I received:

"[...] The way our return process works is as
    follows: The customer reaches out to me to let me know that they wish to return the instrument. They pack it up in the box with all the packaging. We issue
    a return label to either our warehouse or to me here in Chicago. They get refunded minus the total cost of shipping once it reaches us and it is determined
    that nothing was damaged. On a Euphonium, it's around $100. Sometimes it can be less depending on where they are located and where the instrument is returning
    to. We ask that our customers reach out to us prior to just shipping it back to us as they can take advantage of our corporate shipping rates and we can
    figure out where the inventory needs to go. [...]"

Regards, Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

There may be room for confusion on shipping costs. It is clear enough that Wessex will deduct THEIR corporate return shipping costs from the refund. But I don't think it is clear if the original shipping costs TO YOU are also deducted from the refund. If so, that would be a very generous policy! I think being responsible for shipping one way is more common. But maybe I'm missing some details.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thanks Dave!
    I've reached out to the seller before & he was willing to take $1,500.
    I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible before I purchase.

So here's what I've decided to do.
    I have an upcoming family trip to visit my in-laws in Cincinnati.
    Thankfully, the Buddy Rogers showroom has some of the better JP models & a few other mid level compensating euphoniums on site that I can test drive.
    So I'll do that on Sat, then drive up to Chicago to test the three Wessex models on Sunday. At that point I'll have all the info I need to make my decision.
    So I'll either purchase at the Wessex showroom or I'll make an online order for the JP.
    Probably sounds a bit crazy, but I'll have no regrets in knowing that I got the horn that fits me best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12