Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: Wessex Sinfonico?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathantuba View Post
    I will need to check the composition of the nickel silver, as I donít know offhand. The reason for the use of nickel silver for leadpipe is it is resistant to rot. Brass leadpipes often suffer from red rot eventually leading to a hole. For slides, nickel is also more resistant to corrosion. What is not on those specs is that the ports from valves are also nickel silver - something which I believe only Wessex does, to once again be resistant to red rot and holes. It is the areas where the playerís saliva reaches and continuously moist which are most susceptible to red rot.
    Quick question about the Exchangeable Receiver. Does the Eupho come with all of the receivers or are those sold separately? Also, for the grime gutter, is it necessary to buy any additional things to make it work or will it fit out of the box (on the Sinfonico.) Thanks!
    Wessex Dolce Euphonium - SM4U
    Jupiter JSL 740 Bass Trombone

    Practice often, Practice well!

    Dom

  2. The Sinfonico comes with three size receivers. It does not come with grime gutter. In fact there is no fitting for such a gutter
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

    Visit our Facebook page

  3. Received e-mail from Wessex that Sinfonico shipped today.
    Anybody else here on for one from this batch?

  4. #34
    My son got his today. He is playing it now. I have to say, itís really sharp and I hope we can figure it out.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewillis View Post
    My son got his today. He is playing it now. I have to say, itís really sharp and I hope we can figure it out.
    My first reactions as he plays it side by side with his Dolce, are that itís wicked sharp, but the tone is astonishingly good.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewillis View Post
    My first reactions as he plays it side by side with his Dolce, are that it’s wicked sharp, but the tone is astonishingly good.
    The Sinfonico shares some construction techniques with my Adams. Your son's horn has a very easy response, based on my impressions of the prototype last year. If he approaches the way he did on a previous horn it's possible he is simply over-blowing it. With some horns, you have to work hard and may need to really push to get it to respond. With his new horn, I suggest he think about cooperating with the horn. He should not try to force the sound; the idea is to get the horn to resonate (vibrate, to put it simply). At least on my Adams, if I am playing the horn correctly I can feel it vibrate in my hands. If I over-blow and push it sharp, then the horn and I are not in agreement and it vibrates less. This is pretty vague, I know, but without an in-person lesson it's the best I can do!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC4)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    California, LA County
    Posts
    25
    I test drove the Sinfonico recently & it seems to be a known issue that the horn plays sharp. They said they are looking into extending the tuning slide & also suggested to use a mouthpiece with a deeper cup.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    The Sinfonico shares some construction techniques with my Adams. Your son's horn has a very easy response, based on my impressions of the prototype last year. If he approaches the way he did on a previous horn it's possible he is simply over-blowing it. With some horns, you have to work hard and may need to really push to get it to respond. With his new horn, I suggest he think about cooperating with the horn. He should not try to force the sound; the idea is to get the horn to resonate (vibrate, to put it simply). At least on my Adams, if I am playing the horn correctly I can feel it vibrate in my hands. If I over-blow and push it sharp, then the horn and I are not in agreement and it vibrates less. This is pretty vague, I know, but without an in-person lesson it's the best I can do!
    Thank you very much. I think heís going to really need some time to get used to it. It sounds like an Adams. It really does. If he can figure out the intonation, it will be an incredible horn.

    My wife and I are stunned at the difference in tone. Heís tried about 10 different Adams horns and this really sounds similar. We tried this model at the Army band conference and this sounds better than expected.

    He preferred the Adams by a hair in DC, but this was so much less. He didnít have to wait another year to get it.

    Thanks again for your help. I really hope we can adapt to the intonation.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by EuphMan84 View Post
    I test drove the Sinfonico recently & it seems to be a known issue that the horn plays sharp. They said they are looking into extending the tuning slide & also suggested to use a mouthpiece with a deeper cup.
    very concerning.
    John 3:16

    Mack Brass Euphonium
    Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Mack Brass 200S BBb Tuba

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hidden Valley, AZ
    Posts
    930
    It ought to be a hit in countries using the A442 standard.

    DG
    1966 Besson 181 highly modified New Standard
    1915 York Bb tenorhorn original
    2019 Wessex Tornister

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •