X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakewillis
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jonathantuba View Post
    Please contact James Garney using email Dolce@Wessex-tubas.com - or phone 616-843-6888. We don’t have any in stock now, but I hope some will be in container shortly leaving factory. So September delivery is realistic.
    Thank you Jonathan!
    I play a Wessex Prague
    aka “Pocket Kaiser”
    Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

My Son plays
    Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium
    Wessex Dolce Compensating Euphonium
    Doug Elliott EUPH SN103, I, I9

Comment

• jakewillis
      • Dec 2012

For the record, James was very pleasant and we are now awaiting our longer tuning slide. However, Logan has adjusted to the horn and the intonation has improved (thank you to Dave for the playing advice as well.)
      I play a Wessex Prague
      aka “Pocket Kaiser”
      Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

My Son plays

Comment

• guidocorona
        • Jun 2018

Hello Jake, question for you.... How are the Sinfonico's top and bottom caps behaving... Are they prone to cross-threading at all?

My Wessex Festivo was extremely prone to cross-threading when new. Now, after two years of frequently removing and screwing back the caps, and the periodic application of Silicon-based Corning Vacuum Grease, cross-threading has somewhat abated, though it is still less than perfect.

Regards, Guido
        Last edited by guidocorona; 08-04-2020, 08:26 AM.
        M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
        Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
        Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Comment

• euphisto
          • Jul 2006

I had the same issue when I first started playing my Hirsbrunner. The sharpness did go away, but it was alarming at first. If the Sinfonico is really free blowing, I can imagine it being blown sharp.

Robert Pendergast, DM

Comment

• jakewillis
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by guidocorona View Post
            Hello Jake, question for you.... How are the Sinfonico's top and bottom caps behaving... Are they prone to cross-threading at all?

My Wessex Festivo was extremely prone to cross-threading when new. Now, after two years of frequently removing and screwing back the caps, and the periodic application of Silicon-based Corning Vacuum Grease, cross-threading has somewhat abated, though it is still less than perfect.

Regards, Guido

My son says they’re kind of difficult to get back on, but he doesn’t have much problem with cross-threading with either his Dolce or the Sinfonico.
            I play a Wessex Prague
            aka “Pocket Kaiser”
            Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

My Son plays

Comment

• Dom
              • Jul 2020

So I want to sum up a few of the thoughts here for myself and ask a few questions,

The horn is very free blowing, which I find amazing even with some sharpness issues (that I'll no doubt get used to.) I've only ever known my school's B&H Imperial, which I find fairly open but there are some instances, especially in the lower register, that I think the Sinfonico would outperform.

It's made of sheet brass, which I've heard gives an immaculate high register, I have difficulty achieving anything above a high concert c on my current euph, so that would be amazing to boost that aspect of my playing a bit.

It's light, due to the construction, which for me is amazing since my imperial is stupid heavy, and hard to play with standing up. Carrying it on public transport to my school will be great!

I hope to be able to order one to come for Christmas, would I be able to order one around September and get it around Christmas? Or will new stock take longer to arrive?

Thanks so much for all of the information on this horn, I love that this community is very active and willing to answer questions! It really helps!
              Wessex Dolce Euphonium - SM4U
              Jupiter JSL 740 Bass Trombone

Practice often, Practice well!

Dom

Comment

• Jonathantuba
                • Apr 2013

There are two more batched of Sinfonico due this year. A few in September which are all pre-ordered and a larger batch November which currently is about half pre-ordered.
                www.Wessex-Tubas.com
                Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
                Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

Comment

• guidocorona
                  • Jun 2018

So, here is one more question for Jonathan, prompted by Dom's comment about Sinfonico being light.... How much does the instrument weigh?

The specs on the Sinfonico page at

https://wessex-tubas.com/collections...nfonico-ep600h

do not include weight.... So, I would like to take the opportunity to suggest that weight be added to the list of technical specifications.

Regards, Guido

Comment

• Jonathantuba
                    • Apr 2013

I will add when I have one here to weigh, but they go out as soon as they come in - so none here to weigh.
                    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
                    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
                    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

Comment

• guidocorona
                      • Jun 2018

Thank you Jonathan, actually that's a nice problem to have... It speaks to Sinfonico's market success

Hello Jakewillis, any chance of you weighing your son's Sinfonico, and post the result here, even though the value might be a little approximate?

Regards, Guido

Comment

• Shawn
                        • May 2020

My copy arrived yesterday and it's unplayably sharp. After consultation with James Garney, they're going to air mail a tuning slide. I'd rather a solution than a refund.

I don't know if this is going to work out or if I'll end up with a refund, but I feel that Wessex is doing their best to make me a satisfied customer and I'm appreciative of that. James has been cheerful and constructive in his e-mails, Jonathan has been on here answering questions, and however this ends up, I think I'd feel comfortable ordering from Wessex again.

Comment

• Dom
                          • Jul 2020

Would it be possible to ask for a longer tuning slide right when I order? I know that my MP plays sharp so I want to be sure that when I have the horn I can play it with my school's ensemble .
                          Wessex Dolce Euphonium - SM4U
                          Jupiter JSL 740 Bass Trombone

Practice often, Practice well!

Dom

Comment

• guidocorona
                            • Jun 2018

Hello Dom, if I can be forgiven for some "creative" extrapolation on what Jonathan posted on this thread on 08/01/20, you might be able to include a second (longer) main slide with your Sinfonico order. Here is what Jonathan said:

"In the longer term, Wessex are starting to supply two main tuning slides with all new horns that have a shorter main tuning slide to accommodate for the variations in players requirements"

Nothe that I would suggest that you include in your order both the standard slide and the longer slide, rather than request a simple replacement of the standard slide with the longer one... The immediate availability of two intechangeable slides in your kit would give you maximum tuning flexibility for every playing occasion.

Regards, Guido

Comment

• jakewillis
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by guidocorona View Post
                              Thank you Jonathan, actually that's a nice problem to have... It speaks to Sinfonico's market success

Hello Jakewillis, any chance of you weighing your son's Sinfonico, and post the result here, even though the value might be a little approximate?

Regards, Guido
                              We weighed my son with and without his Sinfonico and it was a 9.4 lb difference.
                              I play a Wessex Prague
                              aka “Pocket Kaiser”
                              Stofer Geib Mouthpiece

My Son plays

Comment

• guidocorona
                                • Jun 2018

Thank you Jake, pretty light indeed.... Approximately the same 9.25Lbs weight of EP100 Dolce and EP104 Festivo.

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X