Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Wessex Sinfonico?

Hello!

You may have better luck if you post a new thread in the main euphonium brands forum rather than posting on this Wessex specific thread. (Although Wessex makes instruments that are a nice entry point to compensating horns. A few on this forum have loved theirs!)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by treyd View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and wondering if anyone would share some thoughts / advice for a former player (who hasn't played in 15+ years) looking for a compensating Euphonium. I started on a Miraphone compensating euphonium in about 1994. Then I moved to a Yamaha 641, which I thought had excellent valves, and played better w/ better intonation than the Miraphone. (It appears Miraphone now sells very high end instruments. They were good, but not great in the 1990s, I'd say). I loved my Yamaha but sold it to focus on tenor trombone. I last played an older Wilson 2900s, which I found to be good, but not having the best intonation. Back in the 1990s and early 2000s we didn't have so many choices. I'm drawn to the Sinfonico, but not sure I will like it. Please advise. Thank you!
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Welcome to the forum! FWIW, a few of our senior members here (including me) will be chain testing a Sinfonico over the next month or two. We will report our findings on the forum.

In the meantime, the Sinfonico seems like a hot buy in its price range. That is to say, it seems to have some special qualities compared to other horns around its price. I've only played a VERY early sample so far, but it impressive.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I’ll be interested to know how that test turns out. I last played a sinfonico almost 2 years ago and I think it was a prototype. (At the Chicago showroom) It was very good for the money then, and I’m sure it’s been refined.

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Welcome to the forum! FWIW, a few of our senior members here (including me) will be chain testing a Sinfonico over the next month or two. We will report our findings on the forum.

In the meantime, the Sinfonico seems like a hot buy in its price range. That is to say, it seems to have some special qualities compared to other horns around its price. I've only played a VERY early sample so far, but it impressive.
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll repost my question in a more appropriate thread. I'm pretty interested to see how the tests go, Dave. Thanks.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910