Thread: Euphonium Brands 2020

1. Euphonium Brands 2020

Hello everyone,

In this day and age we have such a wide variety of brands and I myself have always taken interest in the differences between brands, I found Dave Werden's testing of Euphonium's such a valuable resource which I hope will be added to in the near future.

I currently start to explore updating my 2015 made Besson Prestige Euphonium and I wanted to cover all basis and ensure that I was not missing out on any other brands. Currently as it stands, I wanted to share in order of interest my current thoughts.

I thought I best start with listing my preferences in order of interest.

1. Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium in Gold Lacquer (I wonder if these changes will be made to the Silver Besson Prestige 2052-2 Euphonium?).
    2. Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium.
    3. Geneva GVL or Oldroyd Cardinal Euphonium.

Of course the likes of the Yamaha Neo and Adam's Custom Euphonium would probably make this list to.

As a British Euphonium Player, I guess I always look for that dark colour in the sound but equally important is the operation of the mechanics of the instrument especially the action of the valves and trigger.

I am curious to know if anyone has tested these euphonium's and what their thoughts were on them?

Many Thanks,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Hearing how many people love the Yamaha Neo makes me feel relieved for switching over to it so soon after I got the JP274 when a good deal came out. Though there's no trigger, it's still a great horn for me so far.

Random fun fact, the Yamaha Neo 642T/642ST just got officially released in the Japan today (22 June 2020) , according to their Facebook page, despite being out for the rest of the world for a while now.
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Thanks for sharing that. I would have thought it would have been in Japan first. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianeSparkle View Post
    Hearing how many people love the Yamaha Neo makes me feel relieved for switching over to it so soon after I got the JP274 when a good deal came out. Though there's no trigger, it's still a great horn for me so far.

Random fun fact, the Yamaha Neo 642T/642ST just got officially released in the Japan today (22 June 2020) , according to their Facebook page, despite being out for the rest of the world for a while now.
    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

4. Hello everyone,

This is really interesting, I have heard good things about Yamaha and their new Yamaha Neo Euphonium. I have a friend who is an artist for them here in The United Kingdom so I must get in touch and have a chat with him.

Many Thanks,

Micah Dominic Parsons