Hello everyone,

I have always been interested in how much more can be developed for the Euphonium in terms of instrument design. We have such a innovative community which has shown us the benefits of Heavy Valve Top and Bottom Caps, Sterling Sliver, Yellow Brass and Red Brass Bells as well as smaller changes such as the slight alteration to the third valve slide. I often wonder if there is anything else left to discover.

I wondered if more can be done to the leadpipe of the instrument perhaps using different plating options on the inside or outside of the leadpipe or even adding rifling into the leadpipe. I am always amazed at the technology being developed for the Euphonium and I wonder how much further this can be pushed.

The Euphonium over the course of the past twenty years has really developed with the addition of larger bells and trigger systems often to the point where each instrument manufacturer has a number of different standard euphonium's taking into account all potential options. I often wonder if there is a simple and obvious change that could be made which we are missing.

It would be great to see what has actually been tried and tested on the euphonium and to see what prototypes have been created to test out these new features. I did hear about a prototype Besson Prestige which tested a few features but know very little about this.

Many Thanks

Micah Dominic Parsons