Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Some inspirational video links

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,297
    God Bless the USA” featuring Lee Greenwood with The Singing Sergeants:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0fxy8rHo8
    God Bless The U.S.A" is one of America's most iconic songs, so we are thrilled to have been part of history in the brand new cover of this hit, featuring Lee Greenwood, @Home Free and our very own Singing Sergeants!
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank


    "Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    Russian Christmas Music (Alfred Reed)
    El Cumbanchero (Rafael Hernández) cell phone video

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    God Bless the USA” featuring Lee Greenwood with The Singing Sergeants:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0fxy8rHo8
    God Bless The U.S.A" is one of America's most iconic songs, so we are thrilled to have been part of history in the brand new cover of this hit, featuring Lee Greenwood, @Home Free and our very own Singing Sergeants!
    Nice. We need something like that right now!!!!!!!!!!!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,297
    The Armed Forces Medley - Inter-Service Jazz Ensemble:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pame-vooFS8
    The Airmen of Note joined forces with members of the The United States Army Band "Pershing's Own", United States Navy Band , United States Marine Band
    , and The United States Coast Guard Band to perform "The Armed Forces Medley."
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank


    "Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    Russian Christmas Music (Alfred Reed)
    El Cumbanchero (Rafael Hernández) cell phone video

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    The Armed Forces Medley - Inter-Service Jazz Ensemble:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pame-vooFS8
    The Airmen of Note joined forces with members of the The United States Army Band "Pershing's Own", United States Navy Band , United States Marine Band
    , and The United States Coast Guard Band to perform "The Armed Forces Medley."
    That was catchy, but being a traditionalist and retired Army guy, I would have to say that I prefer the services official songs be played straight. The order of precedence was sort of ignored, I suppose because the Air Force was the sponsor/leader in this endeavor, and they chose to go last in the arrangement. But precedence says oldest to youngest when playing the services official songs, which is, Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. When all the service flags are displayed together, the order is the Army's flag being first on the viewer's left, then moving to the right with the 4 others. If a U.S. flag is included, it is to the viewer's left of the Army flag.
    Last edited by John Morgan; 07-03-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,297
    Gotta agree you John in liking the ‘traditional’ version better. But there are some who really like jazz.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank


    "Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    Russian Christmas Music (Alfred Reed)
    El Cumbanchero (Rafael Hernández) cell phone video

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    ... The order of precedence was sort of ignored, I suppose because the Air Force was the sponsor/leader in this endeavor, and they chose to go last in the arrangement. But precedence says youngest to oldest when playing the services official songs, which is, Coast Guard, Air Force, Navy, Marines and Army.
    Well, that's interesting. In my early CG Band days, we had Col. Sam Laboda (director of The U.S. Army Band and senior military musician, as I recall). Our service medley at the time had the CG first, and the Col. told us that was wrong. He said it would go oldest to newest. So we re-wrote ours.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Well, that's interesting. In my early CG Band days, we had Col. Sam Laboda (director of The U.S. Army Band and senior military musician, as I recall). Our service medley at the time had the CG first, and the Col. told us that was wrong. He said it would go oldest to newest. So we re-wrote ours.
    Egads! I think I am losing it or have lost it!! You are absolutely right, Dave. The Army is first. We play the Armed Forces Medley every November on our concert. And the Army is always first. I think when it hailed on our house a month ago, and I stepped outside to look, I must have gotten bonked on the head by the hail. Col. Laboda was the leader and commanding officer when I was in the U.S. Army Band, then Col. Allen took over shortly before I left.

    I am going to correct my earlier post so I don't look like any more of an idiot than I already do!!! I think I was concentrating on the Air Force being out of order and totally blotched the whole thing. I am now going into seclusion.
    Last edited by John Morgan; 07-03-2020 at 05:42 PM.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

  8. #18
    Well, I'm still an idiot, but maybe just a part-time idiot. Take a look here:

    https://www.pbs.org/national-memoria...e-to-services/

    No wonder I'm confused. Oops, I was supposed to be in seclusion.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    Well, I'm still an idiot, but maybe just a part-time idiot. Take a look here:

    https://www.pbs.org/national-memoria...e-to-services/

    No wonder I'm confused. Oops, I was supposed to be in seclusion.
    Interesting! At the time Laboda joked that "everyone knows it is the greatest honor to appear last." (Meaning we should feel honored that the described order put the CG last.) Do you have the email address of the Army Chief of Staff? He must know!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Interesting! At the time Laboda joked that "everyone knows it is the greatest honor to appear last." (Meaning we should feel honored that the described order put the CG last.) Do you have the email address of the Army Chief of Staff? He must know!
    You may have lost that honor with the advent of the United States Space Force!! I haven't heard their song yet.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •