Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taps Across America

1. Well done, all of you. Seeing such thoughtfulness in other people always makes me happy.

I did it and posted a video to my Facebook page. I saw a reference in this thread to signing up - I wasn't aware I was supposed to do that.

I am a little embarrassed that the horn slipped a bit in my grip, and my third note (B-flat) had a pitch waver that transcended good vibrato. Nevertheless, I got good feedback from my neighbors.

A few blocks away, a very young trumpet player tried it, and he made a noble attempt - but he started on the 2nd partial (Bb3) rather than the 3rd (F4) and continued from there, one partial too low for each note.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

I played on post horn at the back of our property and my wife played on coach horn at the front. We're pretty spaced out so we weren't sure if any neighbors would hear it, but we wanted to do it anyway to honor the fallen -- but we did hear from one neighbor later that they appreciated it.
    --
    Barry

We are quarantined, so there was no one here but my husband and myself.

My yard was full of singing birds, the sky was overcast. I could hear children playing around the neighborhood, and they became quiet as I played.

Playing Taps yesterday for all who have been lost was the best part of my day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123