Thread: FT/S Willson 2975 / Marzan Euphonium

FT/S Willson 2975 / Marzan Euphonium

HI,I am looking to trade this for a Large Bore 3+1 Euphonium. This Euphonium features a 590 -630 progressive bore,11 inch bell, 4 front mounted valves . The mouthpipe has been changed to fit large shank mouthpieces. Up turned tuning slides for easier acces and drainage .1 spit valve off the 4th valve is located in a resevoir of sorts where most of the fluids gather for easy draining.It is in Silver Plate and in excellent condition. I was told this was made at the end of the models production run. According to this site they are available on a custom order basis for $10,600 from Willson thru Getzen. Beautifully playing instrument with a very consistent tone thru out . The larger bores just have a more compatible blow for my preference. Let me know what you have. Besson Prestige,Miraphone 5050,Adams,Yamaha 842 etc..., Also comes with a case in excellent condition.
    Pics can be sent to my email
    johnmckevitt60@ gmail.com. If I can not load pics to this ad contact me at my email or here and I will get pics to you.
    Thanks,John McKevitt

Hi John, good to see you in here. The Willson 2975 is an excellent horn usually preferred by tuba players who want to double on euph due to its front-facing valves. If there is not anyone here interested in here you might want to consider advertising over on tubenet.

BTW, I had the honor of playing with John in a couple of bands here in S. Florida before he moved to the Atlanta area. Excellent musician! Still remember John playing his contra-bass trombone (double slide) in Fred Dart's band.
    Last edited by RickF; 05-18-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

TY Rick
    I hope You and Yours have Fared Well with the CV-19 Virus.