Thread: Moreau/VanTuinen Duo - Wow!

1. Moreau/VanTuinen Duo - Wow!

If you have not heard them yet, I want to introduce you to Danielle Moreau (Percussion) and Danielle VanTuinen (Euphonium). They just did an online digital concert at the Reilly Arts Center in Ocala, Florida. Both got their Doctorates from Arizona State University. They moved to New Hampshire after graduation and I was fortunate and blessed to have them as bandmates in the New England Brass Band for two years. Then, last year Dr. VanTuinen was appointed as Professor of Low Brass at University of Florida. Here, they are performing music (mostly) commissioned by and written just for them. An unusual and really amazing performance. The music starts at 5:51 into the video and lasts about an hour.

https://www.facebook.com/ReillyArtsCenter/videos/262136414815204/UzpfSTU4MjUxMjU2NDoxMDE1ODc3ODkxMDE1NzU2NQ/
    Last edited by daruby; 04-12-2020 at 11:32 PM.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Just listened, enjoyable if not a little on the unusual side. Some really good talent there. I like seeing the euphonium played with instruments that you would not normally expect to see, i.e., different from say a tuba euphonium quartet. I have played my euphonium with a flute lady friend a lot and really like this combination. Now I like the euphonium with the percussion instruments. So many possibilities! Thanks for sharing the Facebook link, Doug.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)