X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anorak-Horn
    • Jun 2017

Bell Size

I'm curious to see that only really Besson produces their professional instruments with the option for an 11" bell. Most brands have moved to 12" set ups (or as close to that). Although it's curious to see Wessex moving to a smaller bell for the Sinfonico.

Should there be more options for players? What are the benefits to each option? Is there any difference at all?

I'm curious to hear, as I always preferred the 11" B&H Imperial to the B&H Sovereign my old brass band had on offer.
    Jarrod Handley
  • MichaelSchott
    • Mar 2012

Good topic. Some other brands offer multiple horns in their professional series. Willson has the 2900 which has the 11" bell and the 2950 and 2960 which have 12" bells. It appears the Adams E1, E2 and E3 all have 12" bells. Shires offers 2 sizes in their new pro models.
    Last edited by MichaelSchott; 03-26-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Anorak-Horn
      • Jun 2017

Ah. I had forgotten about the new Shires horns having that as an option. I don't know much about the Willson euphs; they aren't in Australia much at all.

I wonder if you were to ask Adams whether it is possible. I am seriously saving for an E1 Custom.
      Jarrod Handley

Comment

• bbocaner
        • May 2009

2900 and Q41 have an 11.5" bell, so it's really in-between.
        --
        Barry

Comment

Working...
        X