Update from Westchester County, New York. I play trombone in a community orchestra that rehearses in White Plains - near the New Rochelle epicenter. All rehearsals canceled for the foreseeable future. We play a lot of nursing homes, community centers, and libraries - all concerts canceled. I also play in a community band that performs outdoor concerts throughout the summer. No word on that one yet, but during the school year the conductor leads the Lehman College Community Band (Bronx, NY), with a lot of overlapping personnel, and that's been canceled.

My teacher conducts my lessons via Facetime.

My wife is on staff at NYU, and she's working from our home office, holding Zoom meetings and classes. I work part-time at Pace University, and all classes are being conducted remotely. My day job is counsel at a NYC accounting firm, and the firm has directed all professional staff to work remotely. So here I sit in my home office, with my wife at her desk ten feet away, Jazz on the daybed behind me and Delilah probably curled up on the good sofa in the living room that she knows she's not allowed on.

All in all, I applaud those in NY State government, and all my fellow citizens, who are doing what they can to slow the progress of the pandemic and hopefully avoid a surge in hospitalizations.