Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adams Sonic Euphonium?

That looks like an intriguing option.
    It’s a pity there isn’t an Adams supplier in Australia. It’s difficult to get hold of any horns like this to try!
    Jarrod Handley

2. Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm very interested in the Adams Sonic. I'm not a professional or near that level-- but I've played for a long time and am a dedicated amateur, I guess. I can play. I've been in chamber groups and jazz groups over the years. I've been playing a Yamaha 321 for about ten years (and it was at least ten years old when I bought it). It's had problems--esp. with the valves. I think I've put as much money into it as I'd like to, so I'm looking for a new horn. I don't see myself spending the money for a high end compensating horn. A friend lent me his Besson to try out and, fortunately for my finances, I didn't actually love it so much. So, I hear from one source that the King 2280 is really nice for my level, like the Yamaha but better. But the Adams Sonic seems very tempting for a bit more money. Is it better crafted, more durable? Smoother playing? Thanks for any counsel on this.

Sonic is apparently already in stock at AustinCustomBrass -- ACB having the exclusive for Sonic this side of the Pond.

Perhaps Trent could consider sending a unit on a small safari around the US, so selected folks can put it through its paces, and post their impressions and video clips here.... Just he recently and very successfully did with the ACB Doubler Euphonium.... Trent, what say you?

G.
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

4. Quote Originally Posted by guidocorona View Post
    Sonic is apparently already in stock at AustinCustomBrass -- ACB having the exclusive for Sonic this side of the Pond.

Perhaps Trent could consider sending a unit on a small safari around the US, so selected folks can put it through its paces, and post their impressions and video clips here.... Just he recently and very successfully did with the ACB Doubler Euphonium.... Trent, what say you?

G.
    Unfortunately, they're now out of stock! I'm just about decided to order one and wait six weeks. Your idea of taking some models on tour is great. I'd love it.

Hey Jim, hope you go ahead and pull the trigger on Sonic....

A mere six weeks wait for an Adams euphonium is really not that bad.... I am looking forward to reading your impressions of it, and perhaps, hearing your in depth demo as well!

Regards, Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Berger View Post
    Unfortunately, they're now out of stock! I'm just about decided to order one and wait six weeks. Your idea of taking some models on tour is great. I'd love it.
    Another horn you might want to look at is the Wessex Sinfonico. At just under $3K, it is a very nice 4-valve compensating horn. It is a step up for sure from the horns in the under $2K category, but significantly less than the Adams Sonic, which isn't compensating. The Sonic intrigues me, as I own an Adams E3, and it is simply the best euphonium I have ever player (or owned). So I am sure the Sonic is going to be an excellent horn, just offering up alternatives if your budget doesn't go that high.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

7. Thanks-- I watched the Wessex video and it looks nice. My feelings are leaning toward the Adams right now.... Might put in the order tomorrow, or certainly this coming week. Just got to locate and move a little money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12